Netflix Signs Adam Sandler To Exclusive Four-Movie Deal

HardOCP News

[H] News
Netflix is making some pretty damn big deals lately. First it was the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel announcement, now this? Color me impressed.

The first movie under the pact could arrive as soon as 2015. Sandler’s Happy Madison Prods. will work with Netflix to develop the four films — presumably comedies, although the genres aren’t set in stone. The Netflix deal does not cover Sandler’s current studio film commitments.

Awesom-O has predicted the future.

Plot 1: Adam Sandler is like, in love with some girl, but then it turns out that the girl is actually a ...golden retriever, or something.

Plot 2: Adam Sandler... inherits like, a billion dollars, but first, he has to, like, become a ...boxer, or something.

Plot 3: Adam Sandler is trapped on an island and falls in love with a coconut.

At the very least these can't be worse than Going Overboard.

Love or hate Adam Sandler, this can only be good for us because its a big fuck you to the major movie studios.

First it was the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel announcement, now this? Color me impressed.

Speaking about that, see how theaters are boycotting this sequel now? I understand from a business standpoint but kind of a shame.

Sandler could probably regain comedy gold if he took a page out of Seth Rogen's book and just made some raunchy R-rated flicks. Netflix is the place to give him that freedom.

As long as its not Jack and Jill 2 I'm pretty sure it'll be ok.
And I hope its a Happy Madison production, not just Adam Sandler, there's a lot of funny people that love to make appearances in Happy Madison productions.

I loved his early work, Billy Madison, Waterboy, things like. Its the Rom Coms that did him in.

All they need to do is fund Deuce Bigalow 3 and I'll re-up my subscription

Sandler could probably regain comedy gold if he took a page out of Seth Rogen's book and just made some raunchy R-rated flicks. Netflix is the place to give him that freedom.

I think when he had kids he stopped doing that old retarded, drunk Adam and went for the more family oriented stuff. I miss the old stuff. His newer stuff is really hit and miss. Mostly miss.

I think he can pull it off. Just needs to find a good script (Grandma's Boy 2!) and go for an R rated movie. Might not make the kids happy, but it would be a success. No holds barred type of thing.

Did anyone actually enjoy the 1st crouching tiger movie? I got bored in the 1st 10 min.

I was a big fan of Adam Sandler movies.

Then I watched some of his more recent movies.

I actually enjoy his movies and his humor. Looking forward to it!
I doubt you do. More likely you enjoy some of his movies and humor.

I do too, but he has a boatload of stinkers to go with the few gems (or at least semi precious stones and decent cubic zirconia).

So preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should

Sorry,
Was never a Adam Sandler fan. Only movies with him I thought was good was ones when he is paired with Drew Barrymore. She caries the movie in my opinion.
But Sandler by himself; Unfunny, annoying. He always reminds me a "baby of the family" kid that always started screaming when he didn't get his way.

Neato, the worst actor/"comedian" in Hollywood had to sign a deal outside of Hollywood in order to make another movie.

Awesom-O has predicted the future.

Plot 1: Adam Sandler is like, in love with some girl, but then it turns out that the girl is actually a ...golden retriever, or something.

Plot 2: Adam Sandler... inherits like, a billion dollars, but first, he has to, like, become a ...boxer, or something.

At the very least these can't be worse than Going Overboard.

but is adam sandler programmed for human pleasure?

If you don't like Happy Gilmore you're a communist.

Good news/bad news: any movies that come out of that deal can't be any worse than his usual movies.

I thought Blended was actually decent.

I loved that movie. Jack and Jill wasn't bad, but with all the reviews, I was expecting a pile of shit. It wasn't THAT bad. It wasn't good, either. Grownups/2, were decent. Not excellent, though. Bedtime Stories wasn't great (loved the guinea pig, though).

Another thing for Adam Sandler haters to remember, you will want this deal to go good so actors you like do the same thing. This can only be good for us as non movie studios.

They could make this one work so long as he carves a hole into the coconut and says "Me Tarzan you Jane!" in a poorly imitated jungle man voice.:eek:

Did anyone actually enjoy the 1st crouching tiger movie? I got bored in the 1st 10 min.

No, not really. Got bored in the first ten minutes.

Crouching Tiger came out right before most old people journeyed onto THE INTERNETS, and since it was critically acclaimed it joined a long line of films that everyone "just had to watch" so they could talk about their feelings.

My mom watched a whole bunch of Oscar-winning and critically-acclaimed films she didn't actually like, just so she could bitch about them with her friends.

Oh the things we did to stave off the boredom before THE INTERNETS! Now you can watch a series you hate for five minutes on Netflix and hit the stop button, go on your Twitbook feed and bitch that "X was the worst series ever." People will reply "I know rite :D," or "Your dum X waz AWESOme," and you can go on with your life without wasting an entire evening on shit you don't like. It's pretty damn awesome :D

Speaking of dying traditions, the Adam Sandler movie worth watching is in the same category. Here's to hoping they reinitialize the blood, or this will be some seriously wasted cash.

I doubt you do. More likely you enjoy some of his movies and humor.

I do too, but he has a boatload of stinkers to go with the few gems (or at least semi precious stones and decent cubic zirconia).

Alright alright. I enjoyed maybe half of his movies, but for some reason I'm always hoping his next movie is good. You win some, you lose some.

Like some of the others had said, I, too, enjoyed Blended. Not the best but it did make me laugh quite a bit on the airplane. Still need to watch Grown Ups 2 as I liked the first one.

0u9Cs.jpg

I always said that Sandler movies deserve to go directly on DVD...
Seriously this guy is just awful and he "plays" the same role over and over again.
The last time I watched 5 mins of one his movie, my IQ dropped by 10.

+1 to Grandma's Boy 2

Maybe a "That's my Boy 2" also, after the divorce and fallout.

I always said that Sandler movies deserve to go directly on DVD...
Seriously this guy is just awful and he "plays" the same role over and over again.
The last time I watched 5 mins of one his movie, my IQ dropped by 10.

Agreed. Same shtick, another movie.

He really just peaked in the 90's. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer and Waterboy. After that just bomb after bomb and romantic-comedy garbage with Dru Berrimore :rolleyes:

I still think he's talented but its almost like he suffers from Too Much Money syndrome ever since his 90's successes and he goes to the movie studio to hang out with his friends and have a good time rather than do whatever it takes to produce comedy gold.

Hopefully he will do something more like Reign Over Me. That was one of his best movies and he wasn't even trying to be stupid-funny.

Back