Newer Drivers (Cloned and preferred displays are wonky)

Ocean

Supreme [H]ardness
So first a quick run down of my setup:

one desktop 1080p monitor connected via dvi for gaming
one wallmounted 1080p tv connected via hdmi for htpc
both connected to primary 5850 card.

this is how it always worked:
cloned displays: movies, browser, desktop showed up on both monitors. anything that used crossfire showed up "only" on desktop screen. this is good for me, crossfire doesnt work on cloned displays.

now it works like this:
cloned displays: movies, browser, desktop showed up on both monitors. anything that used crossfire showed up "only" on tv screen. this is bad for me, crossfire doesnt work on cloned displays.

i can resolve the issue by going into ccc and then making the tv preferred - and then making the monitor preferred, and then everything works, but it resets back to a broken monitor preferred state upon next reboot. this issue seems to be about somewhat old driver wise, so going back to really old drivers isnt really an option.

any ideas? ive already cleanly uninstalled and reinstalled driver packages. there does seem to be some mandatory gaming evolved im unable to deselect that is relatively new that might play a part?

make the monitor preferred in windows not in CCC.. Right click in desktop then "Screen Resolution" and there select your preferred main display.. I never use CCC or Nvidia control panel to select screens or things like that.. as windows always load first their setup than GPU drivers..

make the monitor preferred in windows not in CCC.. Right click in desktop then "Screen Resolution" and there select your preferred main display.. I never use CCC or Nvidia control panel to select screens or things like that.. as windows always load first their setup than GPU drivers..

I am genuinely thanking you.

Once in that screen, i had to extend the desktop (from the current cloned mode) and then check the "make this my primary". i then duplicated the desktop and rebooted. And voila, the settings appropriately stuck.

Thank you.
-Ocean

there does seem to be some mandatory gaming evolved im unable to deselect that is relatively new that might play a part?

You can opt to not install the Gaming Evolved App if you choose "Custom" (as opposed to "Express") as the installation mode.
Don't worry, by choosing Custom you aren't loosing anything, you can still pick and choose what you want or don't want installed.

except raptr, you dont get the option to enable install in custom.

I am genuinely thanking you.

Once in that screen, i had to extend the desktop (from the current cloned mode) and then check the "make this my primary". i then duplicated the desktop and rebooted. And voila, the settings appropriately stuck.

Thank you.
-Ocean

the good thing its that even if you install a new card those settings will be saving if you use the same monitor/tv configuration, as always windows load first their settings before driver..

glad to help bud.. :D

Back