iPhone 6 Bend In Your Pocket?

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Consumerist says people are complaining about the iPhone 6 Plus actually bending in their pockets and they have photographic evidence to back up the claims. Any of you having problems with your iPhone 6 Plus bending?

I'm not surprised. I recall seeing photos of bent 5's as well. It always made me nervous keeping mine in my back pocket, although I never had an issue (knock on wood)

A hogged out piece of aluminum, that is only a few mm's thick, isn't hard to bend.

Until we get over this thin is awesome fad its only going to get worse.

Or we get a shiny new 1mm thick phone and promptly put it in a 2" thick case to protect it.

Wow, that's bad. Someone stronger could easily bend this thing in half. Yeah, you're gonna need a hard case twice the size of the phone for this one.

Just wondering where the headlines are for

Iphone 6 has fastest SOC released to date

Iphone 6 and 6+ have better battery life then almost all current phones

iPhone 6 sets record sales for smartphone

I don't consider it [H] when you purposefully ignore a piece of tech. There should be no divide. Personal preferences yet, but being [H] should mean embracing all things tech.

if you're stuffing an expensive device in your pocket and sitting on it, then yeah, you are sitting wrong! :rolleyes:

Folks (for those who didn't bother reading the article) are claiming it's in their front pocket....

Roll on.

Just wondering where the headlines are for

Iphone 6 has fastest SOC released to date

Iphone 6 and 6+ have better battery life then almost all current phones

iPhone 6 sets record sales for smartphone

I don't consider it [H] when you purposefully ignore a piece of tech. There should be no divide. Personal preferences yet, but being [H] should mean embracing all things tech.
If you provide links to those stories, they might receive front page consideration.

What's funny is to see all the apple freaks try to defend this. I read posts on macrumors with people saying "its an expensive device you should always take it out of your pocket when sitting" or "your phone should always be in a case" or "its thin, you should think before you sit"
... Seriously? I'm not going to take my phone out my pocket every min when I sit down and then put it back when I have to travel about the office. I don't see the point of getting thinner and thinner devices only to put them in thicker and thicker cases, I like my phone naked. A company should sell a device so thin that its not practical as a phone.

Bigger phone = more leverage. Aluminum is soft and they tried to make it as thin as possible, so its not surprising. Probably would have been better if they went with magnesium, perhaps with a little bit of a spline internally on each side of the massive battery.

Folks (for those who didn't bother reading the article) are claiming it's in their front pocket....

Roll on.
yeah, same thing applies: if your 6" phone is bending in your front pocket there might some other factors at play

I didn't leave my HTC One in my front pocket when I was sitting down precisely for that reason. it really should be common sense but apparently not for android folks.

yeah, same thing applies: if your 6" phone is bending in your front pocket there might some other factors at play

I didn't leave my HTC One in my front pocket when I was sitting down precisely for that reason. it really should be common sense but apparently not for android folks.
What? Why would "android folks" worry about how bendy their iPhone 6 Plus is?

What? Why would "android folks" worry about how bendy their iPhone 6 Plus is?
because it's not an iPhone 6 issue? it's a freaking 6" inch long, few mm thick phone stuffed in your pants. or do you seriously not understand physics at the most basic level?

I love your posts mope54, you completely ignore reality. I bet you remove your keys from your pocket too because they are so much thinner than your iphone and you are afraid they will bend.

Back to reality... it should be common sense a cell phone that for the last 10+ has resided in most peoples pockets all day should still be able to reside there without incurring damage.

because it's not an iPhone 6 issue? it's a freaking 6" inch long, few mm thick phone stuffed in your pants. or do you seriously not understand physics at the most basic level?

I had a note 2 and I it never bent in my pocket for the entire time I had it. Apparently you don't understand physics, if you make something too weak it bends or breaks, samsung is smart enough to make the phone not bendable.

Its a premium product and you're just holding it wrong.

I have a Samsung Ativ S, wear jeans all the time, in the front pocket all the time even when sitting at lunch or not at my desk. (1 and a half yrs old) No bend.

I'm seriously trying to figure out why you're so mad.

In the meantime, I'll mention that a friend of mine who has owned 3 iterations of the Note has yet to experience any issues related to carrying his phone in his pocket during most waking hours.

In the meantime, I'll mention that a friend of mine who has owned 3 iterations of the Note has yet to experience any issues related to carrying his phone in his pocket during most waking hours.
does he do this?

"The first user says his 6 Plus was in the front pocket of his suit pants for about 18 hours while traveling"

because if you've ever worn a suit you might think that a) that's ridiculous and b) see a

He's mad because android exists and that us dumb people are too stupid to use iphones.

does he do this?

"The first user says his 6 Plus was in the front pocket of his suit pants for about 18 hours while traveling"

because if you've ever worn a suit you might think that a) that's ridiculous and b) see a

Have you ever worn a suit? Because I wear one once a week and don't think that ridiculous at all and I have no idea what you b) is. Never had issues wearing a suit all day with my note 2 in my front pocket.

does he do this?

So now I've never worn a suit?

Seriously, though, I didn't sit down and quiz my friend about his 24/7 usage scenarios. Regardless, look at the video I posted and see how quick the phone develops a permanent (e.g., not self-correcting) bend. It's not exactly a desirable feature.

Depends what kind of pocket. Jeans pocket I can easily see it, as they're tight arn't very forgiving especially when sitting down. Coat or dress pants pockets are more loose and have more room so the phone is not squished against your thigh.

This is not really an Apple issue.

So now I've never worn a suit?

Seriously, though, I didn't sit down and quiz my friend about his 24/7 usage scenarios. Regardless, look at the video I posted and see how quick the phone develops a permanent (e.g., not self-correcting) bend. It's not exactly a desirable feature.
I watched the video you posted...at least I think I did...did you post the video where the guy took both his thumbs and pressed them into the middle of back of the phone for a couple minutes, until his thumbs turned white, and then got he finally got a slight bend up toward the top where the buttons are cut out?

because that video, if that's the one you're referring to, should indicate pretty conclusively that a suit pocket wouldn't be able to do that to the phone before tearing...unless you're talking a suit of armor. I'm talking about a cloth suit, like a business suit. The kind people where when they have careers.

Properly fitted and tailored. You know, Big Boy pants.

There you go ignoring reality again.
I know...I'm just an angry, android hating luddite who stumbles through his front door after his phone magically unlocks it and my vehicle recognizes who I am when I sit in the seat. strange century we live in :rolleyes:

God people are stupid.

1) stop wearing pants you have to paint on.

2) put the phone in a damn case. Otterbox.

3) problem solved.

I know...I'm just an angry, android hating luddite who stumbles through his front door after his phone magically unlocks it and my vehicle recognizes who I am when I sit in the seat. strange century we live in :rolleyes:
Well, you're definitely angry...

I'm glad you realize that you have anger and hatred issues. Maybe you can realize some day that people still have cars from 2007 that don't unlock or start without a key, but I can't ask too much from you. I'm just glad you realized that you have some emotional/mental issues to work through, that's a good start.

hmm i put my phone in my pocket all the time, I guess I will have to get a case for the i6+

Back