Xbox One Launch Delayed In China

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like the Xbox One wont be launching in China as planned this Monday. A press release from Microsoft says that the launch has been bumped back to the end of 2014.

The Xbox team has been counting down the days to an exciting launch in China and on Monday 22nd September we will host our fans at the Oriental Pearl Tower to celebrate our journey, as we work hand-in-hand with our partners to bring console gaming and entertainment experiences on the biggest screen in the home. The launch of Xbox One will be a historic moment for gamers and families when Microsoft and BesTV bring the first console of its kind to China.

Despite strong and steady progress, we are going to need a bit more time to deliver the best experiences possible for our fans in China. At Xbox, we pride ourselves on delivering first rate gaming and entertainment experiences and to allow us to deliver on that promise we need to reschedule the launch of Xbox One. Working with our partner, BesTV, we look forward to launching in China by the end of this year.

What in the world???

This can't be a supply issue. Hell, they could have launched in China 6 months ago.

My only guess is localization with Kinnect.

What in the world???

This can't be a supply issue. Hell, they could have launched in China 6 months ago.

My only guess is localization with Kinnect.

3 days before the launch they finally realized that? I'm going with it's something else like the government and MS ran into issues.

3 days before the launch they finally realized that? I'm going with it's something else like the government and MS ran into issues.

Well hell, it only took them 8 months after launch to realize they launched an unpowered system with no expansion ports to "tack on". And shortly before release because of said underpowered they up the MHz on the GPU core for more power. Then few months later release an update to free up additional GPU power from Kinect. Not like they have a GOOD system launch record since the 360 RROD days. Go Build ANother one and try again in 2017: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/38997...l-designer-for-a-new-next-gen-xbox/index.html

Xbox one, over glorified 360 with a blu-ray drive. lol

Microsoft hasn't payed off enough people yet. Some was mad that they didn't get their bribe and probably put a stop on things. China is too big of a market for Microsoft gaming to ignore. They would pay anything to get in.

Back