Keep 670 2GB SLI or upgrade to a 970?

oC|-TiTaN

2[H]4U
I have seen a few reviews and while some do include the 670, I haven't seen any that show the 670 or similar cards in SLI to directly compare. It seemed like there was around a 75% increase going from a single 670 to the 970, and with the typical SLI overhead, that should be right in line with the 670 SLI being roughly equal in older games with a single 970, but with the 970 you're obviously gaining newer tech, g-sync for future monitor purchases, a single card vs sli issues, etc.

What would you guys recommend? What would I be able to get out of the 670's to offset the 970 purchase?

(disclaimer, had a kid 6 months ago, have been very out of the loop, so actual information and opinions are very much appreciated).

I would definitely go with a single card solution, plus the 4gb of ram may be helpful down the road (or now depending on the res your running or multiple screens. I prefer a faster single card then sli, you wont' always get the same performance from one game to another with sli and overall smoother game play in my experience.

I'm in the same boat.

I decided to get the GTX 970 based on two things - vRAM for my 3007WFP-HC and lower power usage for the single card solution.

I see that we both have the same monitor, cool.

Back