iPhone 6 Plus Teardown

looks pretty decent from a repair standpoint. The assembly for the entire screen should be a straight forward swap. Hate that is still appears to use those 3 tiny connectors for the display/camera/sensors instead of a single cable.

I always enjoy these videos...means I don't have to waste money my self tearing it apart to sate my curiosity.

That would matter if Android actually did any of those things right in the first place. Features are meaningless if they aren't executed correctly.

Oh Pray indulge us..of the features in that picture which ones didn't android execute correctly? :rolleyes:

IR is becoming a thing in phones again?
My smart phone from nearly a decade ago had that.

I have an idea. Buy whatever the fuck you want, enjoy what you bought, and stop worrying about what others purchased instead. Who the hell sits there and goes into Photoshop and makes a graphic about it, lol. Embarrassing.

Those NFC payments really took off, right?
Actually it did in many countries, besides the 1960s era magnetic strip using USA.* But it's not an Android exclusive feature.

Many stores are now installing smart card readers and NFC payment terminals, and since Apple is locking NFC to its own payment service (a decision it will almost certainly reverse after their payment system flops), Android is actually in a better position to take advantage of the new terminals.

* even African countries can send normal payments instantly, something the "banking hours + x PM cutoff 'til next day" system here apparently can't do.

I have an idea. Buy whatever the fuck you want, enjoy what you bought, and stop worrying about what others purchased instead. Who the hell sits there and goes into Photoshop and makes a graphic about it, lol. Embarrassing.

Android fanboys, part of the reason I'm switching back to iOS after 5yrs and a half dozen android devices.

Oh Pray indulge us..of the features in that picture which ones didn't android execute correctly? :rolleyes:
well, the selectable default apps *does* work correctly...but the need for it is because the stock ones *don't* so I don't know why anyone would brag about that "feature" :eek:

I ordered a cheeseburger at McDonalds with my Nexus 5. I don't know what else you expect to do with your iphone but I am definitely not giving it to the bartender to pay my tab.

Would like to know how much is an iPhone6+ is in the US?

This is a local ad that just got posted (Note: 46php = 1usd)

widgetcity2.jpg

Price starts at $2,000.00. This can't be right. How much is an iPhone 6+ over there?

6+ via the US apple store is $299, $399, or $499 if you get a 2 year contract with one of 3 phone companies. An unlocked phone is $749 for the 16GB version. $949 for the 128gb version.

Had nothing to do with how android handled them. The point was he made a statement that clearly implied that somehow google android was somehow doing all those features it had first wrong.

well, the selectable default apps *does* work correctly...but the need for it is because the stock ones *don't* so I don't know why anyone would brag about that "feature" :eek:

Like above not so much bragging about a feature so much as his reply being condescending and ignorant at the same time. Fact of the matter is Android has had all of those features for years now and All of them worked just fine. This attitude of Apple does it now, so obviously they do it better is just old. Don't get me wrong, I like the iPhone 6 quite a bit. But lets not pretend that it is doing anything other than playing catch-up.

Fact of the matter is Android has had all of those features for years now and All of them worked just fine.
same with the list of Apple features...had them for years now and had different things that aren't on that list that android either hasn't had until recently or still doesn't have

and no, the stock apps generally suck donkey balls and are bug riddled along with security risks

That would matter if Android actually did any of those things right in the first place. Features are meaningless if they aren't executed correctly.

Uh.......My Galaxy S5 does every one of those things perfectly. Lets add Thumb print recognition and heart rate monitor too. They both work flawlessly as well.

i had all of those features except nfc on my ios device in 2012.

Uh.......My Galaxy S5 does every one of those things perfectly. Lets add Thumb print recognition and heart rate monitor too. They both work flawlessly as well.
didn't realize the S5 was released in 2012

Back