Apple's New U2-Removal Service

I thought "Erase U2" would mean "Erase You Too" meaning you'd be literally and completely erased from this world with no trace...

I thought "Erase U2" would mean "Erase You Too" meaning you'd be literally and completely erased from this world with no trace...

Then crApple wouldn't have any customers left.
Surprised their weren't program to buy the other version of the phone. :D

And yet another example of why Conan couldn't cut it in real television. These writers are pretty bad.

Lol nice..and yea people need to get over it. Oh noes I just randomly got a free album I didn't like..I couldn't possibly just "delete" it and move on with more important shit.:rolleyes:

Lol nice..and yea people need to get over it. Oh noes I just randomly got a free album I didn't like..I couldn't possibly just "delete" it and move on with more important shit.:rolleyes:

Didnt they make you have to jump through some hoops to remove? Like you have to do it through iTunes on your computer?

And yet another example of why Conan couldn't cut it in real television. These writers are pretty bad.

Erm. He has his name as writing credit for several of the highest rated Simpsons episodes.

He was on Late Night for 2,725 episodes, winning an Emmy and 6 Writer's Guild of America awards.

His ratings for the same period of time during Tonight Show were higher than Leno's the year before despite losing the lead-in of Prime Time programming going directly to News due to Leno's "not the Tonight show" tonight show revival.

Whether or not you like him doesn't change the fact that he did quite well for himself.

Didnt they make you have to jump through some hoops to remove? Like you have to do it through iTunes on your computer?
not exactly.

it didn't download to anyone's device automatically. what it did do was become part of people's library...in the same way that all other digital delivery services have some kind of marker that you can click on demonstrating that you own something but it's not on your device (Play, MS, iTunes all have something like "Install" instead of "Purchase", for example; Steam, Origin, the games are in the list but often greyed out).

If you did actually download it to your device then getting it off the device is as simple as deleting it. In order to remove the little Cloud symbol that indicates you own something but it's not on your device
IMG_0999.PNGp

you have to go through the process of going to that removal link and whatever else it entails. Or you could simply "Hide" the purchase.

Not sure how this became such a viral story: either from people who weren't smart enough to differentiate between the cloud symbol and when something is actually on their device, or non-apple device users who didn't realize that nothing was actually downloaded to anyone's device. take your pick because either will cause a stir in the media frenzy that results on any kind of Apple related story that is guaranteed to create buzz

Back