Can anyone recommend me a 27'' monitor with a matte display?

Mr Happy

Weaksauce
Hello,

Im interested in getting a 27'' 1440- IPS monitor.

I detest glossy screens and I also detest screens with a very stong anti glare coatings.

Can anyone recommend me a monitor with a fairly light anti glare coating?

thanks

I have the Acer K272HUL, which has a 1440p "semi-glossy" display. Effectively, the screen looks matte, although it does reflect a bit of glare. Not nearly as much as a full glossy display, but I still notice it a bit.

I have the Acer K272HUL, which has a 1440p "semi-glossy" display. Effectively, the screen looks matte, although it does reflect a bit of glare. Not nearly as much as a full glossy display, but I still notice it a bit.

is the glare enough to annoy you?

do you regret buying it for that reason?

Last edited:
If you had bothered to read the reviews you linked to in previous threads or checked out the reviews linked to you by others, or searched Google images, you would have found an answer.

I'll just answer this to avoid the creation of another pointless thread.

The semi-glossy coating used on 27 inch 1440p displays is an incredibly light matte coating that is free from any visible grain or haze. The semi-glossy coating is strong enough to keep away any noticeable reflections.

Judging from your post history you purchased a monitor from the Dell S-series; all of these monitors are either glossy or use edge-to-edge glass which is highly reflective and practically a mirror. A semi-glossy coating will not have these issues.

is the glare enough to annoy you?

do you regret buying it for that reason?

There is a tiny bit more glare than the NEC 23" matte display that it replaced. I can see a bit of a shiny spot where direct sunlight reflects off the monitor, where with the NEC I couldn't see anything. However, it isn't a big deal.

If you had bothered to read the reviews you linked to in previous threads or checked out the reviews linked to you by others, or searched Google images, you would have found an answer.

Which reviews? I've missed all those ;)

Back