Will the note 5 have a 4k display?

tybert7

2[H]4U
I ask because I won't be upgrading my phone until late next year, and that would seem to be even better for mobile VR.

Any rumors about whether 4k amoled screens will be ready for the note 5 next year?

We just got to 1440x2560, so i doubt it. We have been at 1080x1920 for the past two-ish years.

We just got to 1440x2560, so i doubt it. We have been at 1080x1920 for the past two-ish years.

Yeah, and Quad HD is still very early in its infancy. It probably won't even be the standard for Android flagships for at least another generation or 2.

The S6 might get 1440 since the rumors are for major upgrades after the S5 being trashed for not raising the bar so then you might expect the Note 6 would have a chance at 4K.

screen resolutions of previous notes

note 1 ~ 800x1280
note 2 ~ 720x1280
note 3 ~ 1080x1920
note 4 ~ 1440x2560
note 5 ~ ?????????

The note 1 and 2 basically had the same resolution, but 1080p only lasted a single generation for the note series. It's possible that that was due to market timing, but it's also possible that samsung is trying to be more aggressive on display resolution to compete with rivals.

None of this matters for normal phone displays of course, this only really matters for VR, and seeing as Samsung is the go to partner for VR with oculus/facebook due to being the main oled display maker in the world, they may decide to keep the foot on the gas.

I'd imagine it slowing down a bit after they hit 4k, but not until at least then.

1440p is already overkill for a phone. I think that will be more than enough until battery tech improves

No, I'm sure by the time the Note 5 comes around, it will have eleventy-billionK. Source: Zorachus.

The Note 5 will use a CRT display.

Ahh yeah, I read that too.. they are modeling it after the Pip-Boy so you wear it on your forearm. The power save mode will use the green-screen effect as well. :D

I can't tell if you are joking or if you are referring to SED/FED displays, which actually could be used on a smartphone.

Lol, really..?

4K is useless? I thought the [Hi]gher the better in this forum? you're not a [H]ard enough if you think BIG is not better :rolleyes: It's all about specs man.. all about specs..

Back