XFX Radeon R9 285 DD Video Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Benchmark Reviews has published a review of the XFX Radeon R9 285 DD video card today that is certainly worth checking out.

This XFX Double Dissipation Edition Radeon R9 285 is an UltraHD 4K resolution-ready graphics card with 2560 Stream processors operating at 975 MHz with support for the upcoming DirectX 12 API. Equipped with twin 90mm cooling fans paired with long-life capacitors, the XFX Radeon R9 285 represents a solid value for mainstream gamers looking for top-end performance.

We are having some issued this morning due to a hardware failure last night, so the links back to the direct news story are not functioning right now. All news stories are on the HardOCP news page.

Ok I got as far as 2 gig of video memory. How is that 4k ready? I beg to differ. I would want to see a minimum of 4 gig of vram preferably on the order of 6gb for texture buffering at 4k resolutions.

Ok I got as far as 2 gig of video memory. How is that 4k ready? I beg to differ. I would want to see a minimum of 4 gig of vram preferably on the order of 6gb for texture buffering at 4k resolutions.
Yeah anything under the R9 290s are not really 4K ready. My Asus R9 280 has 3GB, but I wouldn't seriously consider 4K gaming on it.

This review seems very odd...the framerate results are way out of wack with every other 285 review I've seen. As in way up, the [H] review shows around 10fps lower in BF4 DX on a very similar system, I think [H]'s is a bit better. Anyone else notice that?

switching colors between graphs for same card is probably the worst practice in reviewing you can do.. especially when said graph is on same page.

Back