Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - MMO

There is no winning with this subject unfortunately

Everquest was my favorite game of all time, and depending on what day it is, people will blame Brad for ruining it or blame SoE for ruining it.

I really enjoyed Vanguard while it lasted. The budget for that game was a lot lower compared to most modern MMO's so I hope they find investors willing to put the money in that it deserves. I think he's a genius when it comes to making games

I do hope they prove that accusation to be false. I had heard rumors of a drug addiction which is no joke. I hope he has since then gotten help.

That being said, there aren't any other current projects (MMO wise) that are aimed with this type of game-play. I love that it encourages social activity which is rare in an MMO these days. I miss group exploration. I don't want to renew my EQ account so here's too hoping this game pulls through.

There is no winning with this subject unfortunately
I think he's a genius when it comes to making games

Vanguard was a horrible game.
He got lucky with Everquest but nothing since then has made the cut.
15 years later and he still cant make things working.
Genius?
Not so much.

That's your opinion Flopper.

EQ1 and Vanguard are my top 3 MMO's of all time, along with Asheron's Call 1.

Honestly Brad is the reason Vanguard failed, I will say that much. If he was used as a game designer rather than trying to lead a team, I'd say the game would be better off.

I've played all 3 in the last 3 years. They are still light years better than WoW, Rift, and other more modern games.

That said though, the chances of me trying out Patheon are near 0%...

the chances are near 0% because of the slow rate the game is being made and lack of budget.

I really enjoyed Vanguard a lot. I played it a ton when it came out. I love the feel of the games he's been apart in.

I was actually excited because he was hired back onto the EQ team and then EQNext but then quit a year later to start his own company.

I just want a game that feels like EQ/Vanguard so bad, in terms of art style, combat style, quest style, and most importantly social aspect...but nothing is really hitting the spot for me.

Hope he turns this around. I liked everything I saw in the kickstarted and seeing as how EQN looks nothing like Everquest I had my hopes up for this

Been a few threads about it already. We stopped talking about it once Brad started embezzling money.

hes living on past glory.
I think there's room in the market for a modern, early EQ era challenge MMO. People just don't want to give him a chance and I can't blame them.

If you could maintain 50,000 subscribers @ $15/month, that's 9M per year budget. You only need 20-25 people to build a game like EQ with better graphics, especially if you keep it simple. MMO's with budgets like ESO and SWTOR are complex and unnecessary.

I think there's room in the market for a modern, early EQ era challenge MMO. People just don't want to give him a chance and I can't blame them.

If you could maintain 50,000 subscribers @ $15/month, that's 9M per year budget. You only need 20-25 people to build a game like EQ with better graphics, especially if you keep it simple. MMO's with budgets like ESO and SWTOR are complex and unnecessary.

Is 9M a year worth it considering the upkeep it costs? And could 25 people put out content regularly? I know nothing about this nor do I know how many people it took to make the first EQ.

Is there anyone else looking to make a challenging MMO that isn't PvP centered? I love group dynamics and sandbox just isn't my thing. I like a game built by people with a vision.

Also if this game is released do you think people will actually check it out or no since the scandal that has happened? Why did people hate him to begin with? People honestly sound like they are just looking for more reasons to not like the dude

Is 9M a year worth it considering the upkeep it costs? And could 25 people put out content regularly? I know nothing about this nor do I know how many people it took to make the first EQ.
Depends what your motives are. If you just want to run a company and get a consistent paycheck and are not worried about stockholder profits, why wouldn't that alone be worth it?

It took about 25 people to make EQ, and that's considering it took a lot more effort then than it would now. Now days you can buy boxed game engines with full network code support built in. Day one you are designing your game. EQ was built from scratch.
Also if this game is released do you think people will actually check it out or no since the scandal that has happened? Why did people hate him to begin with? People honestly sound like they are just looking for more reasons to not like the dude
I don't think it will ever come out so answering that question isn't on my radar.

You know, I supported Brad through thick and thin, even through Vanguard and drug scandals, all the way up until he embezzled that money. It really showed his character about how he put himself above everyone else on the team that made sacrifices. It also made things worse when we found out had he got the 800k they were asking for on KS, the entire amount would of immediately been spent on back pay rather than payment moving forward. The 800k was not for work going forward, it was for work already completed. Talk about a scam.

Can you elaborate on the back pay and not moving foreword? Is that speculation or am I missing something ?

In the long run I still do hope it's released. Means he at least kept his word to see it through.

It's crazy to me to think that 25 people can release an entire mmo. I thought it took teams of dozens of people to make something that large

The more I read the kickstarter the more I like the way the game sounds. Even if he doesn't make a game like this and it flops, I hope someone comes out with something very similar

I don't care much about the small drama that came out about the game, I just hope it eventually gets made and released. This game only needs a few thousand to survive if it is ever made.

I just want a cool world that that I can explore and see cool new things and feel an accomplishment just from traveling. EQ had a real achievement feel just for finding Unrest the first time, or getting on a boat or eventually getting out of Karanas.

Can you elaborate on the back pay and not moving foreword? Is that speculation or am I missing something ?
Someone had found out that the plan with the 800k in KS money was to immediately distribute the entire fund to the existing team as payment for back work.

Considering what Brad did with the money, it was probably his idea.

I agree with you. But he needs to let someone else take the lead marketing this game. His name is holding it back.

I'd definitely say everyone deserves a second chance but I think you may be right.

He can't post any progress on the facebook page without people just posting articles to the money issue that has been reported

Would really just like to pay close attention to what they're doing but it hasn't been easy

Back