IPS Gaming monitor

Ahh the 590 is better looking of the two but no height adjust ment sucks.

Check the Dell U2414H & P2414H then. Similar performance and both come with fully adjustable stand.
Main differences between the two are connectivity and the fact that the 'U' model has slightly better color presets.
People reported lots of quality control issues on those, mainly backlight bleeding, so be careful.

Dell also have new interesting models coming: S2415H and U2415H ('U' model is 1200p).

The LG 23MP75HM also qualifies but you won't like the stand.

Oh and if you like 1200P there's still the BenQ BL2411PT.

That's pretty much all the 23/24" IPS/PLS monitors around that qualify for gaming.

monitors such as Eizo Foris fs2434 are scam, there is nothing 'gaming' about them, just ordinary 60Hz monitor with gaming performance identical to monitors that costs two or three times less money

eizo fg2421 is gaming 120hz , though not IPS (if that's your strict requirement)
It is on my list but I'm not decided yet.

but that monitor seems to suffer lottery problems, check big thread here on the forums.

XoR : which monitors cost 3 or 4 times less with the same performance and IPS screen?
Lordken: Since Im currently on IPS panel I dont want to change that since it might make a big difference & I most likely wont be satisfied with the colors.

XoR : which monitors cost 3 or 4 times less with the same performance and IPS screen?
Lordken: Since Im currently on IPS panel I dont want to change that since it might make a big difference & I most likely wont be satisfied with the colors.

Qnix QX2710

Yeah Qnix again, but that's 27" and DL-DVI only.

The Samsung S24D390HL is pretty much the cheapest 24" IPS around which happens to have excellent performance, confirmed by several reviews.

If he wants even cheaper there are a number of 23" IPS, but often of pretty average quality, like the AOC i2360, Acer G237HL, LG 23MP55HQ, etc, etc.
Meh.

I dont really care for cheap just want a good quality IPS that can adjust in case i ever need it & 24 inch good response times.

The Eizo EV2336 is the best, forget about the extra inch. It's the only semi-glossy/grain free matte coated and PWM/Flicker Free (down to 20% brightness=very dim 70cdm/2) <24" 16:9 monitor and it offers the same performance as the FS2333 which is not PWM/Flicker free. [H] Thread. The FS2434 uses a frame-less bezel which has an inner black bezel which ruins the perceived black depth, all of the frame-less IPS use grainy matte coatings and I doubt Eizo made LG change the coating.

Last edited:
I own a Dell U2311H monitor so I wouldn't mind something that feels like a step up!

It's your money, buy an inferior (vs. EV2336), un-noticeably larger and grainier 24" if you want.

Is there a huge difference between 1920X 1080 and 1920 X1200

Last edited:
for me gaming monitor should at least support OC to 75Hz and these Eizo monitors do not support any OC, hence are not really good gaming monitors. There are plenty of other IPS monitors that do support OC which make them more 'gaming monitor' than those EIZOs: (http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1745788&highlight=75hz)

These EIZOs maybe are better factory calibrated than cheapest IPS/PLS screens but its not terrible difference and when gaming is concerned there is not much improvement on EIZO side so do not expect that such EIZO will be much better than some 24" Samsung for half the price. Its not like there is any gamut correction on these EIZOs, just raw panel with the same limitations. Its most probably the same panel as in Dell U2414H

Input lag of cheapest monitors is also non-existent and response times cannot be any higher on EIZO than they are on other monitor with similar panel due to those panel limitations. More overdrive to win some response time competition is not really making anything more sharp during movement.

Imho overall good and balanced 1080p 24" 'gaming' monitor is Dell U2414H. Its confirmed to run 75Hz and have excellent picture quality as tested on tftcentral I would certainly proffered to play games on it @75Hz than on Eizo @60Hz...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
you have to use custom resolution for 75Hz as it is monitor overclocking.
if have noticeable effect on input lag and is worth doing imho

How safe is running the 75hz 24/7? And how does that make a diff from other monitors? Also I noticed there is no DVI?
Since most games, movies, and TV are in 1080p (16:9 Aspect Ratio) you could have either a stretched screen, or black bars on your screen...I do not want this

Last edited:
Google says games, movies ect use 1920X1080 & 1920X1200 would be stretched or have black boxes...So Im staying away from 1920X1200

How do IPS black levels compare to CRT black levels? I'm trying to decide between a QX2710 and a FW900.

Google says games, movies ect use 1920X1080 & 1920X1200 would be stretched or have black boxes...So Im staying away from 1920X1200

Google is wrong, movies dont stretch they get black bands above and below to make the aspect ratio work,
Games dont stretch, you set the resolution to 1920 x 1200 the game negine will render it appropriatly and get you additional field of view

Romale23 so for gaming 1920X1200 there is no black boxes/bands? If you gain more view that would be best..but what is the best monitor in that size for gaming and IPS?

Romale23 so for gaming 1920X1200 there is no black boxes/bands? If you gain more view that would be best..but what is the best monitor in that size for gaming and IPS?

Most games support 1900x1200 nicely with no boxes or distortion. If you have a game you play religiously over others, check to make sure though.

Most games support 1900x1200 nicely with no boxes or distortion. If you have a game you play religiously over others, check to make sure though.

What this guy said plus more, every non console port modern gamr I've ever played that's a 3d game will take whatever resolution you give it and a just for it. I've never even heard of a PC game that won't do 16x10, it used to be the standard after all and I ducking hate 16x9 as I always feel I lose field of view and that muttles my experience . even going to work they use 1080p and I notice having to scroll on reference pages that I don't at home and find it realllllly annoying. I'm bias though and I'm utterly fine with black bands on movies

I got it. thanks! Now the real question is whats the best 1920X1200 IPS monitor!?

Im not looking for 1440;p tho...1080p what is best in terms of IPS, fast response and great looking?

Im not looking for 1440;p tho...1080p what is best in terms of IPS, fast response and great looking?

I feel like you somehow missed this entire post.

The Eizo EV2336 is the best, forget about the extra inch. It's the only semi-glossy/grain free matte coated and PWM/Flicker Free (down to 20% brightness=very dim 70cdm/2) <24" 16:9 monitor and it offers the same performance as the FS2333 which is not PWM/Flicker free. [H] Thread. The FS2434 uses a frame-less bezel which has an inner black bezel which ruins the perceived black depth, all of the frame-less IPS use grainy matte coatings and I doubt Eizo made LG change the coating.

I'm surprised no one has talked about this yet:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/auo-144hz-ips-ahva,27615.html

27" 1440p 144hz IPS (AHVA) by this year's end (just begging for G-Sync)

Thanks you kind sir for posting this awesome news. This is what I have been waiting so long for.

Been running 3x PX2611W IPS monitors for a long time, and love them with super fast input lag. 5ms response and less than 8ms of input lag as tested by ToastyX. It's just the old school 60hz.

Manufacturers need to focus on some quality 27" 1440p 144hz thin bezel gaming monitors with low response and input lag time.

Thanks you kind sir for posting this awesome news. This is what I have been waiting so long for.

Been running 3x PX2611W IPS monitors for a long time, and love them with super fast input lag. 5ms response and less than 8ms of input lag as tested by ToastyX. It's just the old school 60hz.

Manufacturers need to focus on some quality 27" 1440p 144hz thin bezel gaming monitors with low response and input lag time.
Honestly, I would have expected this news to be all the rage on this board...

Maybe it's the ASUS ROG Swift buyers' regret or something for not waiting till Christmas... just kidding ROG Swifties! Don't kill me!

Back