Facebook Testing Disappearing Posts

HardOCP News

[H] News
Because taking a few seconds to delete a post manually is too hard for kids these days, Facebook now has this.

The social-media giant is testing a feature that would let users set a time for their status updates to disappear. A Facebook spokesman said the feature is part of a "small pilot" and is available only for certain people using Facebook's iOS app.

Time-limited status updates isn't a bad idea, though I'm not sure how much practicality the feature would have if the main point of social media is to let people know what you're thinking/doing/etc.

This won't help celebs really, as their posts are instantly captured and disseminated, nor would it help if your post got reposted by someone else. It may be of help to average Joes... although this won't help those who use social media as a log in a way.

How about a feature to make Facebook disappear?

But seriously, I bet this will be used mostly by people setting their status to 'Seeing somebody' as a test to see if the profile they're in love with does the same.

Time-limited status updates isn't a bad idea, though I'm not sure how much practicality the feature would have if the main point of social media is to let people know what you're thinking/doing/etc.

The only thing this helps is eliminating stuff from public eye. I bet you dollars to donuts that companies who pay the Facebook fee will have access to that "deleted data".

Back