Intel 730 Series SSD 240GB $142.50 or 480GB $285 at Newegg

WOW its amazing in how just about 3-4 months the drives are half the price they were when released.

i think i read a review saying these drives really shine in RAID 0 .. ?
yes, not sure why but Intel is really promoting RAID 0 configurations for these drives, even going so far as to include benchmarks for 2 drive RAID 0 on the product page
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/solid-state-drives-730-series.html

I ordered 2 of the 480GB :D

How do these compare to the Sandisks that were on sale the other day?
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1141?vs=1241

Pay particular attention to the power consumption if it's a mobile application.

I think the initial reviews said the 730 series actually run warm for an SSD. I know my 335 series is cold to the touch pretty much all the time.

it was $349 with a 25% off before the 7th, newegg raised prices.
it was still that price when I ordered on the 8th, should have posted the deal then but didn't think about it
still a good price compared to what they launched at

it was still that price when I ordered on the 8th, should have posted the deal then but didn't think about it
still a good price compared to what they launched at

I hear you brother, the first day they posted the sale the price was $339 or 255 with the coupon. I put two into my cart but then slapped myself on the wrist and said NO! a few hours later it was $349 :( ended up buying two for at that price.

I hear you brother, the first day they posted the sale the price was $339 or 255 with the coupon. I put two into my cart but then slapped myself on the wrist and said NO! a few hours later it was $349 :( ended up buying two for at that price.
you going to RAID 0 them?

Arent 480/512 already hitting $200? If thats the case intel is slow as balls again.

I saw a long term longevity test too and intel fit right in with the avg ssds. The 840 pro was still above the rest. Im an intel fan, but their ssds/pricing fucking blows.

This one brought some enterprise features, wasn't supposed to be a budget drive.

Back