ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Ares III

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the limited-edition Ares III, the world’s fastest water-cooled gaming graphics card with a slim, single-slot form factor. Powered by dual AMD Radeon™ Hawaii XT R9 290X GPUs factory-overclocked at 1030MHz, and boasting 8GB of GDDR5 memory with a clock speed of 5000MHz, ROG Ares III delivers blazingly-fast performance. In 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme testing, this monster card performs 15% faster and runs Battlefield 4™ at frame rates 33% greater than GTX™ Titan Z in 4K Ultra High Definition (3840×2160) resolution.

Featuring a hand-carved EK water block, ROG Ares III has a premium, water-cooled design that provides 25% cooler temperatures than the reference Radeon R9 295X2. ROG Ares III is made with exclusive ASUS Super Alloy Power components for enhanced durability and cooling, and comes with GPU Tweak for overclocking and online streaming that is as simple as it is flexible.

Holy smokes! 33% faster? Wonder if AMD will drop the R9 290 and 290X to a lower bracket and come out with some new cards when Nvidia launches their new cards in a bit?

Dual 290x best binned GPUs in Single slot goodness! :)

Pricing will probably be prohibitive with a 500(?) Limited production run, but maybe...

Featuring a hand-carved EK water block, ROG Ares III has a premium, water-cooled design that provides 25% cooler temperatures than the reference Radeon R9 295X2.

As soon as I read "hand-carved" I pictured an old guy in a rocking chair, holding a small knife and widdling away at this water cooled GPU.

Personally, I prefer CNC carved water blocks. The children leave too many rough edges.

wtf is a hand carved block?

Are you telling me someone dremels each one by hand out of a solid block of aluminum? including the internal baffling?

marketing strikes again...

Loan officers standing by to craft 24, 36, 48, and 60 month financing plans. No money down!

Looks like an awesome card though. Hand carved huh? Must be some good whittlin' knives to get through aluminum.

Can it run Dell's new UP2715K 5K monitor?? From the ASUS picture of the back of the card, it doesn't appear to have the necessary two DisplayPort 1.2 ports to run that Dell 5K!! So.. don't want!!

Can it run Dell's new UP2715K 5K monitor?? From the ASUS picture of the back of the card, it doesn't appear to have the necessary two DisplayPort 1.2 ports to run that Dell 5K!! So.. don't want!!

Since the regular R9 295x2 has 4 DP ports, I'm curious what Asus did here...wierd.

ASUS should have just added all DP ports, why bother adding a DVI and HDMI port on this card if they were going to aim this at high end users.

Back