EA Has Surprise For Sims 4 Pirates

That's pretty funny. Of course, I'd get pissed if I didn't pirate the game and it did that.

EA: Surprise the blur gets larger with each flush!!!
Pirates: Oh no.. its too bad we can't disable the blur in some what.... *cackle*

Honestly it's kind of funny how pirates tend to have a lot more technical support for problems than the game makers themselves. Game is broken, we'll fix that break and re-release a new crack!

Real question is, why does the Sim poop like 6 times in a row?

Fiber downloads to porcelain faster! :p :D

Cause he's on Fiber :D:D

All jokes aside, seeing innovations such as this to cut down on piracy is welcome. I remember when a helo simulator developer caught a pirate on their own forums. Hilarious commentary was abundant. :p

I thought that was the point, the sim gets stuck on the toilet indefinitely. I hope that the case because that peaty funny.

Oh, I thought it was just related to the pixellation glitching out and expanding. Could be either...or both. :D

All jokes aside, seeing innovations such as this to cut down on piracy is welcome. I remember when a helo simulator developer caught a pirate on their own forums. Hilarious commentary was abundant. :p

I also remember when Batman Arkham came out and people who had pirated the PC version posted on the official forums asking why their character was unable to glide. The response was that it was a problem with their moral code.

EA: Surprise the blur gets larger with each flush!!!
Pirates: Oh no.. its too bad we can't disable the blur in some what.... *cackle*

Honestly it's kind of funny how pirates tend to have a lot more technical support for problems than the game makers themselves. Game is broken, we'll fix that break and re-release a new crack!

i have not bothered to look, is it still as easy to mod the sims 4 as it was sims 3, like to remove the blur? i have not done any research on the sims 4 possibly having a new blur technique to see if it is moddable or hard coded and would take more digging to remove than before.

i mean if it was a surprise for pirates it makes one think it might be a little tougher too remove than previously. it could still be just as easy tho for all i know and it was just an annoying thing to push those on the verge of buying to just go out and buy it to avoid the constant blur to push a few more sales out the first week or 2 until a work around is published.

So how exactly does a game know it was pirated? Does it just verify it's game code with a server?

All jokes aside, seeing innovations such as this to cut down on piracy is welcome.

If only.
I am reasonably sure that there were publishers (Interplay?) who had a similar scheme going in the early 90s.

It doesn't stop or even deter pirates, they will just patch it. The only thing is does is giving a game free press, and that obviously worked well cause here we are talking about it.

from what i read somewhere, this was actually a bug that launched with the game. was patched via origin immediately, just fyi. i assume the first versions of the cracks had this. probably not anymore.

i have not bothered to look, is it still as easy to mod the sims 4 as it was sims 3, like to remove the blur? i have not done any research on the sims 4 possibly having a new blur technique to see if it is moddable or hard coded and would take more digging to remove than before.

i mean if it was a surprise for pirates it makes one think it might be a little tougher too remove than previously. it could still be just as easy tho for all i know and it was just an annoying thing to push those on the verge of buying to just go out and buy it to avoid the constant blur to push a few more sales out the first week or 2 until a work around is published.
Not sure how moddable the game is, if I had to guess based on EA's track record, they're not going to want the end user to mod much at all, however if you want to buy official SIMS 4 DLC then come pay us now!

That said, lots of games get released fast just to be released and much like celebrity nude photos those files go everywhere quickly, so any "fix" for the anti-piracy measures might actually take a while to get to the average "pirate" (leech) because they don't know any better.

It was fixed WITH the patch (not by the patch). Beyond that, it's pretty annoying that Maxis spent time releasing a feature to fight piracy when the it's barely a complete game.

You actually think this will cut down on piracy....LOL!!! that's funny....Dev's have been doing this for years and it has done nothing....

EA needs to focus more on making their games good and less on piracy, DLCs, in-game purchases and other shenanigans.

EA needs to focus more on making their games good and less on piracy, DLCs, in-game purchases and other shenanigans.

Exactly.
This isn't an anti-piracy measure, its a BUG. Players that didn't patch are going through the SAME EXACT THING. Grant it, Origin should have patched it for them, but for that kind of bug to make it out the gate says something is seriously wrong with EA quality control.

And its already fixed for pirated versions. Great job trying to make a bug or statement about piracy backfire on yourself EA.

Idiots.

EA had many nasty surprises for those who bought the game too. Feels like playing a small mobile game when compared to Sims 3

EA has suprise for Sims 4 everyone...
Whether retail or pirated it doesn't work!
No wait, its EA, not much of a suprise there....

I'm kind of surprised that there are still pro pirate responses to stories like these. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

Never played them, however just the fact that they each had about 100 expansion packs. Seems like a shit game.

Dunno about 4, but the series as a whole is good. The original was a Will Wright game, and like a lot of his stuff it's strangely addictive.

from what i read somewhere, this was actually a bug that launched with the game. was patched via origin immediately, just fyi. i assume the first versions of the cracks had this. probably not anymore.

i amazed they didn't launch a DLC to fix it.

Right at the end of the video you see water squirting out of the non-blurred toilet, made me think it was a bidet, or maybe it's one of those fancy Japanese toilets with a dozen functions(including bidet). I always did call EA Electronic fArts.

Right at the end of the video you see water squirting out of the non-blurred toilet, made me think it was a bidet, or maybe it's one of those fancy Japanese toilets with a dozen functions(including bidet). I always did call EA Electronic fArts.

Or it's the way they show that the toilet is broken, and you need to either call a repair man, or use your sims to try and fix it, assuming you spend hours reading a book that gives you the skill to do so :)

I'm not going to lie, there were quite a few parts of the Sims franchise that I actually enjoy doing. Building the house, working on my character's skills, making a garden so I don't have to ever buy food, selling food so I don't have to have a job, or collecting rocks/bugs, or whatever... but in the grand scheme of things the game turns into nothing but monotony, and its really hard to keep playing for too long.

Back