Video Game Lawsuit Quote of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like things are starting to get interesting in the Aliens: Colonial Marines lawsuit. This quote cracked me up:

I spoke face to face with Gibson about their persistent panel leaking.

Effectively - it's Randy doing whatever the f*ck he likes. Apparently he did it twice with BL2 also, against all plans and despite the fact they asked him not to. I think our best result here is that we have no more panel sessions...

Randy is short for Random. I've actually had some pseudo run-ins with him when I worked for MGS several years back. We had disagreements about a project he was working on that I was involved with. I've also seen him do some pretty cool things, and some pretty funny things. Then you've got things like this lawsuit over a crap game that should have either been done right or cancelled. Inconsistency is the name of the game with him. I have put about 350 hours into the Borderlands series though, so I can't plain old hate the guy and his team. They're pretty polar. Either sucking or doing quite well at any given moment.

Dude always struck me as a douchebag after his comments regarding performance after the release of Halo on the PC.

You can trade performance for graphics as much as you like. I personally recommend getting as many graphics features as you can while keeping the game locked at no worse than 30 FPS. I'm able to do this fairly easily even with my home machine - a GeForce 4ti with a P4 1.6ghz and 512mb of RAM. I don't know what you guys are doing...

Back