Can I get a good 28" IPS Monitor for 200 bucks?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
SO can I get a decent 28" IPS monitor with that budget?

Or am I unrealistic?

If it can be, any recommendations?

Last edited:
unrealistic. nobody has undercut korean ebay on the qnix/xstar yet, to my knowledge

Even used, you're going to have a hard time getting a 27" IPS monitor that low unless you find somebody selling local. Shipping alone is usually at least $50 CONUS

Maybe if you're talking about 27" 1080p IPS. Maybe I misunderstood your needs, but I assumed you meant 2560x1440.

You can get a good 1920x1080 (thoroughly reviewed) for about $280... in Europe.

Now, I think one of the cheapest available in the US is the LG 27MP35HQ-B (+/- $240).
It's a 27" 1920x1080 flicker-free IPS with configurable pixel overdrive, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, and VESA mounting possibility.
Guess the screen coating is grainy-matte.

No idea about its input lag nor overall picture quality, but at that price don't expect miracles... no reviews found.

Are those monitors any good?

Never seen these Korean ones before.

Yes, they are generally considered very good for the money, and I would expect the price on them to start dropping a little due the release of the ROG Swift.

Just note those ebay korean monitors are hit-or-miss for quality, with no warranty/returns.

Also the single-input models can't handle consoles if that's important.

This would be for a Desktop machine only.

I have an older Hanns-G HG281D that runs at 1920X1200.

I would like a nicer monitor with a much higher resolution ability. If I need a larger budget, I can do it. I just want something that I can keep for 5 years. Something dependable, looks great, and games well.

No IPS monitor will be free of IPS glow. It's an inherent flaw in the technology, similar to how every panel type has its pros and cons. Whether the user notices the glow is an individual thing, similar to how some people are extremely sensitive to DLP "rainbow effect" (and antiglare coatings and monitor ergonomics can help reduce glow as well).

The Samsung S27D390H goes on sale for 200$ sometimes, it is fine, but I would choose the LG 27MP35 over it since the Samsung has a glassy black bezel and can not be VESA mounted.

All of the sub 2,000$ 30" suck compared to the 27" 1440p options, many of which are available for <400$. Thought you wanted a 200$ monitor...

Best 27" 1440p Monitor Thread. The 27" 1440p Monoprice monitors also suck.

27" 1440p for $200, no.

27" 1080p for $200, close, but not quite. I can recommend the Viewsonic VX2770smh-led, which goes for $280 typically and sometimes drops to $250. There are other 1080p 27" screens in similar price ranges.

Back