Dead Rising 3 PC

Dimmy

Gawd
anyone getting it? i want to get it but worried it will be a port from XB1

Unfortunately I can't play it because I have a 5850 video card. If someone can run it with that card please let me know.

Waiting on reviews. The last one was broken and they never got around to fixing the controller support.

never played any of the Dead Rising games...are they good?...I hear DR3 has a 30 FPS cap

Hmm, I could get this for $35 with a GMG voucher...probably going to wait for reviews though, since the port for the last one sucked.

Waiting on reviews. The last one was broken and they never got around to fixing the controller support.

They aren't made by the same people. Basing broken things off a title is not a good way to look at things..

So, what was wrong with the controls? Are you trying to play the game with a feggin Sidewinder? Get a bleedin' 360 gamepad. I hate the Microsoft as much as the next person that refused to pay money to run basic apps on a 360 but you gotta have a 360 gamepad if you want proper gamepad support on console ports.

Who buys those other gamepads? What kind of people do that? Why?

Capcom has been trying pretty hard to make their case for DR3 on PC and they've had DR3 PC streams on Twitch for at least the past 4-6 weeks. I bought it when it was on sale for <$40 so I'm happy. It's also preloading now; 25GBs.

I've had it on pre-order for PC since it was available to do so.

never played any of the Dead Rising games...are they good?...I hear DR3 has a 30 FPS cap

By default it is capped at 30FPS, but there is an option in the menu to make it run faster. The animations are tied to the frame rate so it might be funky at 60, though the videos they've shown with it at that frame rate look fine.

I'm glad I waited when the preorder was on sale on Steam during the Summer sale. I'll grab it no problem at $35 thanks to the GMG code.

Hmm, on the live stream the fps is higher and they talk about having 60 fps and performance and show the options and things

Stream here:
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/564908211

I don't think the pc version is capped at 30.

There must be a day 1 patch or something that removes the cap. Cause all the pirated copies have it capped.. This is what everyone is basing it on. I watched the Stream too and it was over 30fps and had awesome PC options like most capcom games do.

so, no one got it? i didnt preorder it and im currently finishing redux

edit: ah, sorry, just saw its not available yet (tomorrow, at least for where i live)

Last edited:
There must be a day 1 patch or something that removes the cap. Cause all the pirated copies have it capped.. This is what everyone is basing it on. I watched the Stream too and it was over 30fps and had awesome PC options like most capcom games do.

You can unlock the FPS in a config file. This has been known for a long time, it was the developer that told us that we'd be able to do that.

Wow that game is ugly and it runs like crap on a titan. I really though that ports from the new consoles were going to be better considering hardware is closer to pc.

I really enjoyed the fist 2 DR Games, but for some reason I just never really got excited for this one. I was tempted to pick it up when it came out on pc, but with an ever growing steam backlog Im leaning more towards holding out for a holiday sale.

oh noes.....TotalBiscuits is having performance issues?!??!?

everybody panic!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he's running a 3930K with 32 GB of RAM and a GTX Titan (SLI actually, but it doesn't work in this game). And he's having trouble maintaining 60 FPS (even drops down to 30 regularly) at 1920x1080 in this game. That seems like a problem.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he's running a 3930K with 32 GB of RAM and a GTX Titan (SLI actually, but it doesn't work in this game). And he's having trouble maintaining 60 FPS (even drops down to 30 regularly) at 1920x1080 in this game. That seems like a problem.

thats pretty fucking bad, i guess i'll wait.

TB is a sensationalist, just like Angry Joe, that's their "shtick". I think we need to wait till the game is unlocked in NA before we jump to any conclusions. I plan on playing this afternoon/evening with the hardware in my sig, I'll report back then.

TB is a sensationalist, just like Angry Joe, that's their "shtick". I think we need to wait till the game is unlocked in NA before we jump to any conclusions. I plan on playing this afternoon/evening with the hardware in my sig, I'll report back then.

How can he be sensationalist when the video shows proof of what he is talking about?

How is he sensationalist by simply posting his experience with the game?

Hell TB doesn't even give "reviews" because he doesn't want to get into that shit.

How can he be sensationalist when the video shows proof of what he is talking about?

No kidding, he even shot a phone camera video to show that the framerate drops were not related to his recording software. I don't know how much more conclusive you can get in terms of proof.

Actually he seemed pretty positive about the game itself. Just noted its a subpar port I wouldn't even call it a shit port. My reservation is that it looks like it's not much of a graphical upgrade from the bone which Ive already played a couple times. Kind of a deal breaker when it comes to rebuying games for the PC. Idk I'll wait and see what the guinea pigs think. Not sure I'd trust too many opinions in this thread. To listen to some of you guys you sound like a publishers neutered house cat. I can't wait til pre-orders start 5 years in advance, they'll be set off you people.

Yeah, the port itself (in terms of PC options, mouse control, etc.) seems to be decent...the only real issues are negative mouse acceleration (STOP DOING THIS IN PC GAMES!) and poor performance.

How to remove Dead Rising 3 PC's 30fps cap

One of the first things we discovered when we began testing the PC version of Dead Rising 3 this week is that the Capcom game ships with a 30 frames-per-second cap that cannot be adjusted within the options screen...Instead, in order to unlock higher frame-rates you need to generate your own custom user.ini file and put it in the game's installation directory...And not only that, but the game defaults to 720p resolution, so you have to dig deep into the options to access higher pixel-counts...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-unlock-pc-dead-rising-3-30fps-cap

Apparently setting it above 720p render resolution gets you around 30 FPS anyway, so no big deal. :p

For me, the game feels like crap at 30FPS. I had to add the user.ini trick to get it to run over 30FPS; even with vsync disabled, the game still sits at 30FPS. I knew something was wrong when my GPU was at around 800MHz and the game was using 40% of that.

After using NVIDIA vsync and the user.ini trick, the game ran very smooth during the first part of the game up to where I stopped at the diner. The cut scenes did demand 100% of the GPU but they still ran smooth. I think I'm using SMAA T2X (not sure if that's right) so I might knock it down to prevent any heavy dips. I imagine the gameplay visuals might get more demanding later.

I'm using a GTX 780 running 1280 core and 3400 mem.

Is the game worth after upcapping the FPS? Steam forum is filled with complaints about this being a poor port.

Ok so at 1080p rendering i get pretty decent performance on my rig 50-60fps. The problem is after the diner I get CTD like crazy. the game is really fun and performance is doable, but the crashes are out of control.

Ok so at 1080p rendering i get pretty decent performance on my rig 50-60fps. The problem is after the diner I get CTD like crazy. the game is really fun and performance is doable, but the crashes are out of control.

Sometimes you need to remove your overclocking to see if that is your problem. Some games can push your hardware over the edge whereas most of them don't. I don't own the game, but was thinking of picking it up later on. Let us know if you find a solution to the crashing. :)

For Nvidia users Capcom is recommending people rollback to the 335.23 WHQL driver to fix some CTD issues while they work on a fix.

Does this game have timed missions? I hated those in the first game.

yeah it does but not like in the old ones. Most missions you get something like 2-5 hours real time to complete maybe. most of the time I just fill my screen with missions and still maybe to finish them all while fooling around. As a slower player it was really nice to play the game at my own pace. This one is more about just hanging about having fun. Sort imagine if they took all those padded side missions GTA and actually made them thoughtful and entertaining. So instead of playing the main story and just doing side missions until you get side mission fatigue this game the side missions as fun as the main mission and gel well with exploring for treasure and unlocks.

I've been playing my way through Dead Rising 2 after finishing this one and its really frustrating to get a mission while youre involved in something else and its a race against time to get it done. It just doesn't feel very cathartic after work gaming that Dead Rising 3 is. The clock is extremely de-emphasized in this one and only kind of exists to push the story along.

Back