Armored Warfare Pre-Alpha Gameplay Footage

That does look better than World of Tanks... although it still reminds me of it, maybe too strongly.

Looks like WoT to me, more arcade then simulator. In fact I have to look hard for what doesn't remind me of WoT in this one.

Same, it's World of Tanks with newer, faster tanks and vs. bots. Same hud, same info presented, same controls/aiming, same...well, you get the point. Even the same crew feedback on shot results, lol. I'd be embarrassed if I were them.

Why not make something different or at least BETTER then WoT?

Why not have actual realistic physics for the shells, have real time tank deformation (IE actually seeing the treads an dother things getting damaged and breaking) and why not have environmental destruction?

THat is one huge thing that I can't believe these tank games don't get right, I mean one of the main advantages of a tank is how it can just tear through trees and other things that a normal vehicle can't, yet in these games walls and other things are immovable objects or you just clip right through the foliage and things.

This game looks pretty terrible, 4 player PvE against stupid bots that decide to stop and shoot in the middle of the open and a WoT re-skin.

It looks like such a blatant ripoff, that I'm surprised world of tanks has not sued yet.

Not a fan of arcade mechanics such as being able to see an enemy tank's silhouette and damage level through several hundred feet of trees and foliage. Where is the challenge in that?

When this was announced I was hoping for a Battlefield style game, but with more attention to detail with the tanks and maps better suited for tank/AFV/artillery only warfare. Then I saw it was an MMO and figured it would be crap. This video confirms that. :p

Are you kidding me? :eek: The dude says: "This is stingray 2, he just fired off a smoke grenade, smoke grenades provides essentially temporary cover." Temporary cover???

Obviously, he never served in the military nor does he know the difference between cover and concealment.

For the defensive shooter there is a distinct difference between concealment and cover. Concealment is anything that will help you hide, but does not stop bullets. Examples that quickly come to mind are bushes, shrubbery, shadows and smoke. An alert soldier, who sees potential trouble while it is still a ways away, might step behind concealment so that he is not seen while observing and making a determination about the potential threat.

In many cases, when you realize a threat is near, the best move is to exit the scene as quickly as possible. By using concealment effectively, you may get away from the threat without being seen and without the enemy knowing exactly where you went. If they don't know where you are, or where you went, it's pretty difficult to get an effective shot at you.

Cover on the other hand, is anything that can be expected to stop bullets. Is there such a thing as temporary cover? NO... you can step or drive onto a landmind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN1qDoTAp4 :(

You should be continually aware of the objects around that can serve as cover. In fact, if you go about your life in an alert fashion, you realize that you are rarely very far from effective cover.

Once you observe an actual threat, your first thought should be about how to get away from it. If this proves impossible, you should move to the nearest cover, make use of it and get ready to fight.

The ability to quickly identify cover and make use of it greatly increases a person's ability to survive a deadly attack.

However, it is important to realize that there are many kinds of cover. Some cover, like brick walls, large trees and the front end of automobiles, will stop just about any bullet that a enemy is likely to shoot or throw your way. Other cover, such as furniture, interior walls and large home appliances, may only stop bullets from weaker cartridges. It is critically important to know the difference. ;)

Upon being seen taking cover, the enemy will likely expect you to rise up over the top of your cover to return fire. This can be a real mistake. It might make a whole lot more sense to go prone and lean out around the side of cover when engaging your attackers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-Defense Tip: Know The Difference Between Cover and Concealment
By Robert Farago on October 19, 2012

Cover: the bad guys can’t shoot you. Concealment: the bad guys can’t see you. One of these is better than the other. But either is better than neither. That is all.

Might be cool, IF they allow for a 'SIM' mode instead of "Arcade". I like the idea of giving means actual mission objectives (primary and secondary) I do have some questions about the class balance system. I still don't see what options a IFV has when he is face-to-face with a MBT.

Back