NZXT Announces The S340

HardOCP News

[H] News
Forged from strong, cold-rolled steel, the S340 exudes an air of confidence that only the most durable of cases is capable of exhibiting. Axing the optical bays and relocating the HDDs to a lower position opens the case up like never before, making this one of the easiest cases to build in ever. A grommet-less cable management solution, alongside over twenty zip-tie locations and plenty of space behind the motherboard tray gives you unprecedented cable management options for a mid tower case.

When it comes to keeping cool, the Source 340 is no slouch. With Kraken X61 compatibility in the front intake, X31 compatibility in the rear exhaust, and a total of up to three 140mm or for 120mm fans you have plenty of chilling options. Thick front panel cutouts allow unrestricted airflow to reach our fully filtered intake. The Source 340 comes with the standard accouterments that you would expect from a premium case, such as USB 3.0, filtered intakes, a PSU shroud, and quality materials. Easily one of the most durable cases we’ve ever made, the Source 340 boasts 360 degrees of steel casing, extremely minimal plastic use, and extra thick side panels.

looks nice... sort of 2001 obelisk-ish. And the price is pretty decent at $70.00 (per the NZXT site.)
And, no, most people are not using DVDRW drives anymore. I have a USB DVDRW I picked up at Frys for $30.00 and I've only needed to dig it out of a drawer 3 times in the last year and one of them was for my laptop.

Yeah, I really like the minimalist case designs, although my current rig is in a HAFX giant case which I bought because it looks like a war machine.

Nice video, sadly none of the technologies displayed were ever used to make this case :/

A forged case would be cool :)

This is nice, although I still would like a Slim disk drive in it. It really wouldn't take up that much space for it. Anyway... I really like the whole design and it's at a great price too.

It's too minimalist. I could have a cardboard box and it would look the same after painting.

Back