Real-Time Tech Demo of the Day

I know it was a tech demo but part of me was hoping a glowing blue oval would appear and out comes the words "Portal 3 Q4 2014"

Isn't this a couple years old now? Or is this a new version? Doesn't matter anyway, no real time game play = not impressed in the slightest.

Wow, some real whiny asses today.
Cool video though, when i see tech like this i get excited about the future of PC gaming.

I was impressed big time.
Second the comment about portal 3.
If games of the future get anywhere close to this, I would almost give up sex for gaming!

Near the end the sword and rifle were plastic, but everything else was pretty cool.

Companies have been releasing pre-rendered CGI and calling it realtime or actual gameplay footage for so many years now...

If I can't download it and run it on my own computer, then how is it not more pre-rendered footage?

If I can't download it and run it on my own computer, then how is it not more pre-rendered footage?

That's why I like NVIDIA and AMD doing their tech demos. Because you CAN download and run it on your own PC.

It's nice to look at. I'd love to have a character thrown in there for me to control, though.

I liked the out of focus effects, lens glinting, etc. The leaf on the ivy in the outside shot was very well done. Very high level stuff. If they can indeed do something like that in real time (even if only on a very high end system), then not only are we in for some great gaming experiences, but realistic completely synthetic movies in the near future.

Back