"Return to the Nvidia Maxwell Teaser Homepage" - nvidia 404 goof!

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
http://game24.nvidia.com/sayhellotomaxwell

The link on the page:

XXYtXzx.jpg

has a url of http://game24.nvidia.com/ scheduled for Sep 18th 2014 at night.

Rumor has it $399 GTX 970, $499 GTX 980, availability on the 19th at this point. :D!

Rumor has it $399 GTX 970, $499 GTX 980, availability on the 19th at this point. :D!

Sounds reasonable. I'm looking for a card that I can play my games at 2560x1440 w/ high settings and AA. Maybe the 970 will do?? Guess I'll find out on the 18/19th.

Sounds reasonable. I'm looking for a card that I can play my games at 2560x1440 w/ high settings and AA. Maybe the 970 will do?? Guess I'll find out on the 18/19th.

Yeah, we shall see... :).

Obviously this is COMPLETELY rumor-based and I'm not counting on it, but the supposed leaks I have seen of a 3dmark Firestrike Extreme X-score showed the alleged performance of the what-will-presumably-be-called-GTX 980 at a gpu score of 6578 which is insane (http://i.imgur.com/uVM70Zg.jpg). A 780 ti scores 5133 there at stock reference clocks, and about 5500 at a moderate overclock on forums typically. That leaves the 980 if the leak is at reference clocks at a 28.1% faster performance level vs. a reference 780 Ti. Note I am speaking of the GPU score rather than the combined cpu-gpu main score as this is a better comparison for the video cards alone typically.

So presumably the 970, assuming the score is accurate and not off being a pre-launch sample on pre-launch drivers, is about 10-15% lower in speed than the 980 (ala gtx 670 vs 680) and we'd would see it being better than a 780 Ti by around 10-12%. If one of those almost handles what you want at 1440p I would say it's a safe bet that a 970 would cover you.

Seeing all of the 780 Ti sales hitting on OCuk and newegg lately I wouldn't be shocked if it's correct since OCuk is running a pretty big fire-sale and newegg keeps lowering theirs further and further. But, I'll hold my breath until we know for sure... I'm planning on SLI GTX 970's if they hit at $399 at this point, assuming performance is good, particularly at 4k since that's what I run now (4k 60hz IPS). If their cache and scheduler enhancements pull through, I'm in.

780 Ti reference link:
http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-video-card-review_128012/8

as long it is faster that 780ti, has 4gb and with dx12 support i will buy it at day one;

From newegg yesterday and included a borderlands presequel game coupon when added to cart:

of7GVgH.png

$530 AR + free game 780 ti non-ref pcb custom-cooled card.... yeah, something's up in a good way as far as the GTX 970/980 price and performance I'd say. They wouldn't be trying to clearance these so hard on the 'egg and ocUK if there wasn't. A few weeks ago they were $720-740 and had no game bundle.

From newegg yesterday and included a borderlands presequel game coupon when added to cart:

of7GVgH.png

$530 AR + free game 780 ti non-ref pcb custom-cooled card.... yeah, something's up in a good way as far as the GTX 970/980 price and performance I'd say. They wouldn't be trying to clearance these so hard on the 'egg and ocUK if there wasn't. A few weeks ago they were $720-740 and had no game bundle.

Agreed :)

I agree. This is the best evidence yet that the 980 is going to be faster than a 780Ti and <=$500, inline with the rumors.

Exciting times to be a hardware nerd. ROG Swift, X99, NVidia 900 series all within weeks of each other. I'm jumping on board for all of them.

Exciting times to be a hardware nerd. ROG Swift, X99, NVidia 900 series all within weeks of each other. I'm jumping on board for all of them.

The 970 is a day one purchase for me, but I'll probably wait until the spring before I buy an X99 combo. That will give them time to work out the X99 bugs and hopefully DDR4 prices will stabilize (or fall) a little.

I agree. This is the best evidence yet that the 980 is going to be faster than a 780Ti and <=$500, inline with the rumors.

yeah things are getting exciting. i'm not really in need of a new GPU but i'm eyeing the ROG Swift monitor. i'd have to grab a nvidia card to see what g-sync is all about.

Does anyone know if these new cards will have HDMI 2.0 on them or at least proper 4k support?

will the 970 be faster then a vanilla 780?...if so, that might be the price/performance winner

Does anyone know if these new cards will have HDMI 2.0 on them or at least proper 4k support?

Good question. Seems to be a pretty slow standard for most manufacturers to adopt across the board. Not a deal breaker, but I'm curious, too.

The Link in OP redirects me to this page

[. IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r90Na15.png[/IMG]

Maybe NV will announce GTX 820 and 830? ;)

Wrong thread? The link goes to an nvidia 404 page.

Guess it was indeed a goof if our nvidia friend SOL is trying to troll the thread with fud about what is in the op. Good times....

Wrong thread? The link goes to an nvidia 404 page.

Guess it was indeed a goof if our nvidia friend SOL is trying to troll the thread with fud about what is in the op. Good times....

Did not they announce Maxwell cards at Grand Finale?:

JwocTEO.png

mCcOeCA.png

3gb of mem though..

Good question. Seems to be a pretty slow standard for most manufacturers to adopt across the board. Not a deal breaker, but I'm curious, too.

I doubt it. If it was somebody would've said something.

What? Allegedly an announcement was held at Gamescom.

Not that anyone has reported. And again, that 880 card is a photoshop that was posted back in January (I even showed you the original, undoctored 780 photo from TweakTown :D)

It has been a long time since someone fell for what SoL did lol. Whether serious or joking, it's funny as hell just watching it.

I would feel cheated if the 980GTX was faster then the 780Ti for it's price.. but I am thinking it will be just a little faster then the 780GTX if price equals performance but slower then the Ti.

I would feel cheated if the 980GTX was faster then the 780Ti for it's price.. but I am thinking it will be just a little faster then the 780GTX if price equals performance but slower then the Ti.

The Ti has been out for ~10 months, I think expecting a card that's faster (and cheaper) isn't that far of a reach. Not when a new architecture is coming.

Maybe Nvidia is actually feeling some pressure from AMD as well.

Thanks for reminding me of all the money that I don't have, & all the tech I DO want! :(

Seriously though, VG248QE, X58 & Kepler have all been nothing but great so I expect nothing less from each of their successors. Post pics when you get it all!

Tell that to the Titan owners, then to the 780 owners.

A new generation card is expected to best the top of the line card of the previous generation. Take
8800 GTX vs. 280 GTX
280 GTX vs 480 GTX
580 GTX vs 680 GTX

and the list goes on.

A new generation card is expected to best the top of the line card of the previous generation. Take
8800 GTX vs. 280 GTX
280 GTX vs 480 GTX
580 GTX vs 680 GTX

and the list goes on.

GoldenTiger agrees with madgun, news at 10.... :).

:p

8800 GTX vs. 280 GTX
280 GTX vs 480 GTX
580 GTX vs 680 GTX

and the list goes on.

Yea... But is the 880 (or whatever they call it) going to be the flagship card or is Nvidia going to release the 880 Ti sometime shortly after the initial 800 series release? If that ends up being the case I could see the 880 performing at sub 780 Ti levels.

Yea... But is the 880 (or whatever they call it) going to be the flagship card or is Nvidia going to release the 880 Ti sometime shortly after the initial 800 series release? If that ends up being the case I could see the 880 performing at sub 780 Ti levels.

Considering leaks already show it as ~28% higher in performance potentially and that the 880 Ti is not even a confirmed release at this point, coming as a god-knows-when future release if at all.... that's no reason to think the 880/980 would be slower than a 780 Ti. Normally new flagships outperform the old, that has been the way of the industry for.... well, decades.

Considering leaks already show it as ~28% higher in performance potentially and that the 880 Ti is not even a confirmed release at this point, coming as a god-knows-when future release if at all.... that's no reason to think the 880/980 would be slower than a 780 Ti. Normally new flagships outperform the old, that has been the way of the industry for.... well, decades.

Numbers would likely increase over a few months as well, were talking about fully mature Kepler drivers vs. Beta Maxwell.

8800 GTX vs. 280 GTX
280 GTX vs 480 GTX
580 GTX vs 680 GTX

and the list goes on.

I see you stopped at the GTX 680 (FYI, NVIDIA has put the GTX at the beginning since they switched to 3-digit numbering). The waters get muddied after that. There hasn't been a "way more expensive flagship" card since the 8800 Ultra.

What is the current flagship? Titan Black? Titan? 780Ti? 780? What is the cutoff between the "top of the line" mainstream card and the "niche product".

Tell that to the Titan owners, then to the 780 owners.

I'd hope to hell Titan owners are using the card for it's DP capability somehow, otherwise they still bought a $1k+ Gpu for gaming....so they can [H]andle it :D

780 owners? Eek, them's the breaks though. It has been a while since it launched...

I'm going to blow my brains out if they are announcing my mobile 800 cards!

It would fall in line with Desktop being 9xx series as the mobile 800 series has already been released a while back. GTX860m looks great for slimish form factors too!

8800 GTX vs. 280 GTX
280 GTX vs 480 GTX
580 GTX vs 680 GTX

and the list goes on.

Way to leave out 9800GTX...

The 9800GTX was just a rebadge of the 8800GTS 512 with a healthy overclock, it was the GTX 770 of it's day.

It wasn't a rebadge... It was a new ASIC and then another new ASIC on a new node.

Back