Can anyone recommend me a 27" 1440p monitor?

Mr Happy

Weaksauce
hello all

as the title asks, can anyone recommend me one?

they all seem to have terrible back light bleed from what I've read....

I want one so I can view 2 windows side by side without having to use 2 monitors

Is 27" 2560x1440 your only requirement?

It would help to know what your budget is (if unlimited budget, why stop at 2560x1440?), whether you want TN or IPS or PLS or PVA or don't care, whether you want domestic or Korean, if you want 60hz or 120hz or don't care, what you'll be using the monitor for (gaming, movies, work, etc.), if you want glossy or matte (antiglare) or light antiglare coating or don't care, what monitor you have right now and what you want out of an upgrade...

Basically, anything more to narrow down the HUNDREDS of 27" 2560x1440 would help people help you.

Is 27" 2560x1440 your only requirement?

It would help to know what your budget is (if unlimited budget, why stop at 2560x1440?), whether you want TN or IPS, whether you want domestic or Korean, what you'll be using the monitor for (gaming, movies, work, etc.), what monitor you have right now and what you want out of an upgrade...

Basically, anything more to narrow down the HUNDREDS of 27" 2560x1440 would help people help you.

What are these Korean things people talk about? what brand are they?

I would prefer IPS

I use a 21.5" 1920 by 1080 HP 22xi right now

I hate overly strong antiglare screens (I had to return a 21.5'' Dell last year for that reason)

Im concerned about backlight bleed and colour uniformity

To my knowledge the Korean panels are primarily dual-link DVI driven, there are models with HDMI and DP if you look hard enough but to be honest dual-link DVI is the better input. More inputs just means more $$ and more hardware on board and whatever DP and HDMI can do a dual-link DVI cable can do better if you give it enough copper.

Be careful with 27" and IPS. The IPS glow is terrible on most of them. I would go for *VA.

Back