Activision Could Make A Play For Take-Two

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's funny how one analyst makes "an emerging romance" comments about Activision and Take-Two and now the company's stock is trading at a six year high.

"For Activision, acquiring Take-Two Interactive would be a no-brainer, in our view, circling some of the strongest development talent and owned IP in the world, within a company that has nearly $1 billion in cash and trades at a comparably lower multiple," Hickey said.

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't about money (not primarily anyway) or that Take-Two mostly makes the same kinds of generic sequel games as Activiision. I bet they're after the fanbase. GTA & Borderlands fans are insanely loyal and put most BF/CoD type obsessives to shame with their blind obedience.

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't about money (not primarily anyway) or that Take-Two mostly makes the same kinds of generic sequel games as Activiision. I bet they're after the fanbase. GTA & Borderlands fans are insanely loyal and put most BF/CoD type obsessives to shame with their blind obedience.

Maybe they are so loyal because their games are so much different from most of the other fluff on the markets?

I see this as the worst possible scenario for gaming in general. Imagine the same person in management deciding the direction of WoW, GTA, and CoD. Then he decides to do a tie in that melds all 3 games into one mega game. I hope the investors at Take Two realize this is a bad idea and nip in in the bud.

This better not happen or else it will probably be the end of the gaming industry. Companies like Activision and Ubisoft and EA need to just merge together and GTHO of the industry as a group.

This better not happen or else it will probably be the end of the gaming industry. Companies like Activision and Ubisoft and EA need to just merge together and GTHO of the industry as a group.

The latest ActiSoft EA game: Squeezing blood from a stone.

w5HELEh.jpg

Realistic texturepacks are a DLC for 3 easy installments of only $39.99!

2k is one of the last non-EA/Activision AAA stuido's out there. Its going to happen.

Didn't we go through this 6 years ago with EA? At that time Michael Pachter said the buyout was inevitable. The shareholders shunned EA back then in their hostile takeover bid, I don't see why this wouldn't go down in a similar manner should Activision make a similar move.

What does a games publisher even do in today's Steam world?

At the very least their influence is diminished, yes?

And on that note, I would prefer if Activision went nowhere near 2K Games. Don't you mess up my Civ franchise! :p

I hope the shareholders at 2K are smart enough to not go for this. We will see if greed reigns supreme this go around...

Back