Yesterday I had a blue screen

Astralogic

Gawd
And I was wondering if there's any way to determine if it was because of my overclock or not?

I'm running Window 8 64-bit.

I had some blue screens before due a bad overclock settings... so yes :) in my case was de vcore settings, to low.

How long have you had the overclock? Assuming you've run some sort of stability test after overclocking, that could be a pretty open ended question. Most of my blue screens have been a result of memory issues.

Want to see if its your oc .... turn off the OC ..... then see if the blue screen returns...

My magic 8-ball says 'outlook not so good.'

More info would be helpful. Did you do any stability testing in the first place? What hardware are you running and what are your BIOS settings?

Her are my settings:

Code:
CPU
----------------------------------------
CPU Features
------------
Intel C-State = Enabled
C1E Support = Enabled
Package C-State Limit = Auto

CPU Ratio Mode = Dynamic
Enhanced Turbo = Enabled
CPU Core Voltage Mode = Override
CPU Ring Voltage Mode = Override

DigitALL Power
--------------
CPU VDroop Offset Control = +100

EIST (Speed Step) = Enabled

CPU Multiplier = 44
Vcore = 1.29v (8hrs passed)
VCCIN = 1.8v (-)
CPU Ring Voltage = not changed
Ring Bus Multiplier = not changed

I did do 8 hour stress tests in IXTU, the reason I think it may be my OC (I've slowly been increasing my vcore to see if the crash lessens) is because the crash only happens when gaming and recording the gameplay, I use the igpu to record at 1080p/60fps so the CPU's temps do max out. I'll have a better idea later today if increasing the volts improves things.

Myhardwre is, 4770K @ 4.4ghz, MSI Z87GD65 GAMING, Crucial Ballistix Ram 16gb 1600mhz, Seasoninc 750W PSU.

Back