PAX Prime 2014 - Anything cool?

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Penny Arcade Expo, aka PAX Prime, started Friday in Seattle. I'll be posting larger than normal Gaming [H]eadline roundups this weekend so keep up with the deluge of news. Chat about announcements or whatever in here.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and mature themes explored @ IGN

Dragon Age Keep official reveal @ YouTube

Super Meat Boy Forever announced @ CVG

Observations from Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer @ Gamespot

Tales from the Borderlands storytelling interview @ Polygon

Coolest cosplay from PAX Prime Day 1 @ Kotaku

Firewatch trailer excites people @ IGN

Weekend PC download deals @ Shacknews

Diablo III Patch 2.1.0 live, Season 1 open @ Battle.net

I live in Seattle. I rode the number 10 bus downtown. The area around the convention center was mobbed with gaming nerds, both male and female. Some were wearing fantastic costumes! Hand made, very elaborate, production quality. There were scalpers outside hawking entry passes. I asked one how much he wanted and was told $80. But it was just a one day Saturday pass and today was already half over. I stepped inside the lobby which is pretty big and looked around. I noticed a sign warning attendees of counterfeit passes being sold on the street. They don't mind if you buy a pass, they just want you to be sure it is genuine. Looked like everyone was having a good time. I never attended a gaming convention or Comic Con. Hung around checking out the babes in their alluring gaming attire. Then I stepped outside into the misty, muggy Seattle climate and walked on down to the Pike Place Market. 

if your a halo player, Halo 2:A looks phenomenal. Teh tournament so far is pretty good. they are in the 2nd match of the finals. After the last two halos, and considering how this one is playing, im sad that its only 6 maps..

Back