Sony & Sprint to Bring Xperia Flagship Phone to US

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
In what appears to be epically bad timing, Sony is releasing the Xperia Z3 flagship phone on the Sprint network soon. However, this announcement will be at Berlin's IFA next week and will likely be lost in the Samsung announcement hoopla (Galaxy Note 4 anyone?). Also looming is a fruity phone announcement on 9/9.

"I can't see this making much of a difference," said Deutsche Bank analyst Yasuo Nakane of the Sprint deal, stressing the importance of a deal with a major carrier such as Verizon Communications Inc - along with AT&T Inc one of the top two U.S. carriers - to get critical mass in that market. Sony offers an Xperia tablet through Verizon. "Even if they put out a phone on Sprint, Verizon is the priority any way you think about it," Nakane said.

If this was on T-mobile, I would be all over it, I love the Xperia phone's.

A desirable phone launching on Sprint hasn't happened since the Palm Pre.

correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the z3 leaks suggestive of a phone on par with say an M8 G5 G2 (not g3) but not the new scheduled launches of the Note 4/Iphone 6s

HTC Evo 4g (Supersonic) was the best android phones to ever hit Sprint and at the time it was head and shoulders above any other phone available.
Too bad they wasted 3 years with WiMaxx and fell behind eberyone else in the process.
Now I like my Sprint LG Optimus G, but there were pkenty of better phones out there at the time. Sprint hasn't had that "Wow" phone since then.

Damn. I was waiting for this on T-Mobile. Guess I will get the SGS5 now.

With android not allowing apps on the sd card with 4.1 and higher how can you have a flahship phone with less than 32gb internal memory?

Back