What height would be optimal for new monitor ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
I got the new Benq GW2760HS it's a 27'' widescreen. Right now I sit about arms length away and the top part of the bezel sits about 2 inches above my line of sight. So in other words if I look straight ahead with my browser open my line of sight would be where URL is located about.

I have always been told the top of the monitor should be inline with your eyes when you are looking straight ahead.

Well I'm a couple of inches below the top of the monitor so I guess I'm good then.

That is about perfect. You typically want your eye level to be in the top 1/4th of the screen.

The main thing is not having to tilt your neck up. Even having to tilt it up a little bit is bad. Tilting your neck down isn't good either, but it isn't nearly as bad as having to look up.

yeah, you're doing good. most people i've seen have their monitors too low so they're looking down into them. You want to be looking down (eye level in the upper part of the screen) but only a little. People are different, but the back of my neck and shoulders get sore if I use a monitor that is too high for an extended period.

Back