Need suggestion for a printer

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I've been using HP Printers for more than a decades. But my experience with the latest HP OfficeJet 7500 All in One series is horrible. Its been 3 yrs irrespective of usage, I have to change the ink every 3-4 months which costs a lot. When the weather is humid the printer most of the time malfunctions or creates paper jam. Recently I came across strange error for which I had to give it in HP Service center.

I recently read an article where it said that HP does'nt make much of money by selling the printer, buy with its cartridge. I am looking for a change now.

I have 2 questions.
1) With HP making money with the cartridges, does that I should'nt rely on HP for my next printer? Does HP purposely design its ink cartridge in such a way that ink drains fast irrespective of usage and customer is forced to purchase new cartridge?

2) Are inkjet printers really that bad that I have to take print atleast onece in 2 days for the printer to remain clean and stable?

Is it really worth to go for a laser printer? Should I move from HP to Brothers? What my requirement is...

I am looking for a multi-function printer that should have these functionalities

1) LaserJet (if inkjet printer are that bad that ink drains fast irrespective of usage and if ink cartridges are that much expensive compared to tonars in laser printers.)
2) Colored
3) Automatic Duplex Printing
4) Printing, photocopying, scanning and fax
5) Touch Screen
6) Low cost of printing, don't want something that has expensive tonar
7) Good photo printing, will be an added advantage. Although I don't expect it to print as good as an inkjet printer

In my life I've only purchased HP Printer. Don't know any other vendor that provide good printers as HP. I will never make a mistake of purchasing an inkjet printer again where I have to replace a cartridge every 4-5 months, irrespective of usage. I am looking for a good reliable printer to perform above mentioned tasks and should last for atleast 5 years.

I have posted a similar query earlier. Where I got suggestion for this printer from brother. But I am having hard time in getting it. Please don't consider this as a repost. I need more suggestion on printers.

Back