Cannot enter BIOS with Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert mobo

vladv

n00b
I've got this legendary socket 939 motherboard DFI LANParty UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce4 SLI almost new only one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those little plastic parts from both sides , bought this mobo really cheap ~ 55 $ from well known Romanian e-bay like site okazii.ro , and I put it on my FX-60 dual core processor ( yeah , the most powerful unlocked socket 939 era processor! ) and some cheap KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my new vintage rig.Here is my problem now:I know this board is working those 4 red diagnostic LEDS start 4,3,2 next only one left so no "4 LEDs of death" syndrome for me and the onboard speaker beeps only ONCE which I know is a good thing but after that I cannot enter BIOS to setup things as I need because Del key on my PS/2 ( and I tried with USB keyboard , too ) keyboard is NOT working as it should do I press that key and the result is 0 nada nothing , first I see the boot logo from DFI after that I see all these error messages "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded , press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup" and when I press F1 sometimes I see this message "Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK!" and other times I see "Sil3114 SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F4 to enter RAID utility".One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to select HDD,CD-ROM or some other options like floppy disk or USB stick boot and the motherboard can actually boot using CD/DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it's not a problem with my FX-60 processor and I'm happy that it is working well is all good no problem there actually I've seen it's name and working frequency ~ 2616 Mhz at POST screen so it cannot be defective or fryed and neither the mobo, please help me solve this little problem with my mobo.

Did you try pulling the CMOS battery for a few moments? Actually I'd replace that CMOS battery and try it again. Might even need a bios chip.

I've got this legendary socket 939 motherboard DFI LANParty UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce4 SLI almost new only one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those little plastic parts from both sides , bought this mobo really cheap ~ 55 $ from well known Romanian e-bay like site okazii.ro , and I put it on my FX-60 dual core processor ( yeah , the most powerful unlocked socket 939 era processor! ) and some cheap KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my new vintage rig.Here is my problem now:I know this board is working those 4 red diagnostic LEDS start 4,3,2 next only one left so no "4 LEDs of death" syndrome for me and the onboard speaker beeps only ONCE which I know is a good thing but after that I cannot enter BIOS to setup things as I need because Del key on my PS/2 ( and I tried with USB keyboard , too ) keyboard is NOT working as it should do I press that key and the result is 0 nada nothing , first I see the boot logo from DFI after that I see all these error messages "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded , press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup" and when I press F1 sometimes I see this message "Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK!" and other times I see "Sil3114 SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F4 to enter RAID utility".One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to select HDD,CD-ROM or some other options like floppy disk or USB stick boot and the motherboard can actually boot using CD/DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it's not a problem with my FX-60 processor and I'm happy that it is working well is all good no problem there actually I've seen it's name and working frequency ~ 2616 Mhz at POST screen so it cannot be defective or fryed and neither the mobo, please help me solve this little problem with my mobo.

I imagine your best bet is to try a new PS/2 keyboard. I concur with the step to remove the battery and clear the CMOS (or swing the jumper JP2). I can't see any BIOS lockout jumper on the board, so hopefully clearing the CMOS resolves your issue.

Back