Modem for WOW! Internet

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I live in MI and have WOW! as my internet provider. They charge me $10 a month for "Home Network Advanced Modem", a modem which I've had for over 4 years now. When I moved last year they didn't even provide me with a new modem, just hooked up my old one.

Does anyone know if the ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem works with WOW!? The description says it works with Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner, Mediacom, Bright House.

How hard is it to hook up this modem? Are there steps by steps on how to set it up?

What would be a good wireless router that works with the above modem?

The SB6141 is supported according to WOW!: (http://www.wowway.com/docs/wow/faq-documents/modem-compatibility-list.pdf)

And in regards to installation:

Q: If I’m using my own modem, what do I need to provide to WOW!? [-]

A: A DOCSIS 2.0 modem is required to receive Internet service (DOCSIS 3.0 for speeds higher than 30 Mbps). You will need to contact us and provide us with the MAC address of your modem. Generally, the MAC address can be found on the bottom of the modem, usually on a barcode sticker, along with the modem's serial number. Most times the MAC address will appear after the letters "MAC" or "EA" (e.g., MAC 00-12-ab-34-cd-5e). Some Motorola modems will display only the "SN" (e.g., SN 8386848). The MAC address is the alphanumeric code that appears after the "MAC" or "EA" or "SN" on Motorola modems.

OK, thanks, what would be a good router with build in WIFI? My internet connection is only 15Mbps so I don't need a super fast router.

Any wireless router should work. I would read reviews of routers in your budget range.

Grab the Zoom 5341J instead if you're going for a router anyways, good ones are (in general) MyNet N750 @ Amazon or TP-Link TL-WDR3600.
//Danne

Back