AMD and Creative Assembly Collaborate to Deliver the Ultimate “Alien: Isolation” Expe

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
AMD today announced a new technology partnership with Creative Assembly, developer behind the highly-anticipated “Alien: Isolation™”. Developed in conjunction with the AMD Gaming Evolved program, “Alien: Isolation” is fully optimized for a premium PC gaming experience, including native support for: AMD Eyefinity technology, 4K UltraHD, AMD CrossFire™ multi-GPU technology, and a wide range of DirectX® 11 effects tuned for the Graphics Core Next architecture in recent AMD Radeon™ GPUs and AMD Accelerated Processing Units.

no Mantle, and no TrueAudio,.. seriously is there any game worth mentioning not compatible with multi gpu and multi monitor nowdays ?
True audio specificaly would have been great in this game.
useless announcement

No mantle support, to bad... :(

You get used very quickly to how much smoother Mantle games run.

Actually there are plenty of smaller studio games that aren't SLi or CrossfireX compatible. That's why I'm not running my 7950 CrossfireX setup at this time. I play too many games like Warframe for example that don't work with multiple GPus.

AMD CrossFire is specifically supported.
With that in mind, I bet SLI will be supported for this title by NVIDIA.

The few titles that don't support Multi-GPU are driven by id software's tech5 or whatever the engine in RAGE and the new Wolfeinstein was. I think Titalfall had issues, not sure if those are resolved. But the vast majority of games run CrossFire and SLi just fine.

no Mantle, and no TrueAudio,.. seriously is there any game worth mentioning not compatible with multi gpu and multi monitor nowdays ?
True audio specificaly would have been great in this game.
useless announcement

Some game sites in Europe inquired with the developers about Mantle and TrueAudio with interesting hints:

We spoke with the developers following the presentation on the engine and cut the circulating on the Internet rumors about a possible Mantle support to, but this one wanted to speak to is not. Is interesting to note the word "still" and this especially in connection with our next question: We cut to the successful sound mixing, and it's totally neutral, without aiming at a possible True audio support, still got a reference to the first question is a "no comment". Back in the home, we even have us then the files of our preview version closer look.

Lo and behold, in a database for "next-gen audio" we found several entries for each environment of the demo, which implied a support for a convolution reverb. Reminder: This technique came in Thief with the True Audio Patch added.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Alien...Technik-Infos-und-True-Audio-Support-1133499/

What they're going to do is build a small dark room with 7.1 surround sound and a bunch of the nerds dressed in Alien costumes hiding behind curtains with baseball bats in one hand and a spray bottle of acid in the other just waiting for you to mutter "Man this sucks" so they can jump out and beat your ass.
As you crawl out, they send in the next guy....
Expected to go over really well with the 12 - year old 22 males.

Back