BURP

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
BURP now has GPU apps.

Some info on it can be found here: http://burp.renderfarming.net/forum_thread.php?id=2448&nowrap=true#13108

Things of note:
1. Currently GPU work is credit 0 which will be adjusted later.
2. Not all work units are the same size so comparing GPU's run times may be difficult.
3. The app may not be optimized or worth running over CPU versions yet.
4. I think there is only CUDA apps so far.

Edit: I created an account called HardOCPtest so that anyone whom wanted to test or contribute anonymously could do so.

to attach a computer to your account without using the BOINC Manager.
To do so, install BOINC, create a file named account_burp.renderfarming.net.xml in the BOINC data directory, and set its contents to:
<account>
<master_url>http://burp.renderfarming.net</master_url>
<authenticator>108440_6c9437e44882dc6ac7cc1816bbeaef07</authenticator>
</account>

teamdaily.php

Last edited:
I hit 1 million points today. This makes my 31st BOINC project to hit that goal.

I've been getting CUDA GPU tasks today. I hadn't received any of these in a long time (months), so this is a nice surprise. Hopefully there will be a steady supply of these going forward.

Apparently I had some back in March. I'm really surprised Janus didn't make a post about it. Last message he sent me, he said it would be a Linux test...

I couldn't find anything on their boards, either. No biggie, I'm just happy to have some GPU work from them.

And of course it comes after I hit the 1 million point mark...... lol

Of course! :D

In reality, though, these WU's aren't very lucrative. They are taking about 1/2 hour each on both my 770's and my 780, but are only worth 100 points apiece. Considering these cards can chew through a PrimeGrid PPS Sieve task in roughly 8 minutes, and those are worth 3371 points each, these point awards from BURP are a pittance. It won't stop me from crunching them, but it sure would be nice if they were worth a bit more.

Janus said that the GPU work units was a last minute afterthought for a test since the work units were perfect for it. Still no answer as to why there was no announcement.

Back