Technology Gone Wrong

With each "shoe" weighing in at 7 pounds, I could see just walking around with them being an "exercise". Not to mention hacking these things while someone is wearing them at the roller skate ring will surely lead to a liveleak video somewhere down the line.

Max rider weight: 275 pounds
Well, that just excluded 31% of America and 40% of computer geeks right there...

These are like the Beats headphones of the rollerskate industry. Big and obnoxious.

If you walk in them everywhere that is good exercise.

Using them everywhere, and you might end up overloading them when you go over the weight limit from not doing anything.

Max rider weight: 275 pounds
Well, that just excluded 31% of America and 40% of computer geeks right there...

So it excludes a segment of the population who would never get on rollerskates ever... oh no!

That said looks like he basically just made a mini-Segway for each foot, hope some of that kickstarter money went to buy insurance for inevitable lawsuits of people going out of control and suing his company :D

As if we couldn't get any lazier. Really?

What's next....shoes that walk for you? NM....these are probably it.

Who else remembers the video from like 3-4 years ago of some 2-stroke powered roller blades? I think they would do like 40MPH+.

I want to see something with tank treads on them so you can run over people wearing these things.

I am surprised no one is using Google Glass while wearing these!! Seems like a perfect fit.. being an Glasshole on your face and feet!!

This guy, Peter Treadway, already did something similar.. spnKiX - Wearable Mobility back in 2012.. wonder how that worked out?? Oh yeah.. SpnKix Crappy Motorized Wheel Skate Shoe Things Reviewed Excerpts..

Wow, what a letdown. All around.

Last year I got really excited about Spnkix (which is awkward to spell – they should have called them Spin Kicks or Spin Kix or something. Though I guess it’s still better than Spnzkixzzz).

We were supposed to get them in March but there were tons of problems and many many delays so I didn’t get mine until last week (this September). They were shipped USPS (which I thought was super gangster) and I only received one pair (I ordered 2).

Awkward, clunky, dangerous, heavy, uncomfortable, steep learning curve. Kickstarter project was horribly managed. Lost money.

Makes me think twice about supporting future Kickstarter projects.

Segway?

800px-Segway_Police_%282529167270%29.jpg

That's one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. This forum is now dumber for having witnessed it.

.....Wow!

Looks like these skates would go great with this skateboard.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Next will be the floating chair/beds from the movie "Wally". Most of the people in the US are big enough for those already.

haha more like LoLerskates... You know what... actual exercise with rollerskates is just so....Tiring, let strap a motor to one, fire up kickstarter and see how it goes.. okay.. oookaaayyy

Does anyone know why everything that comes out of LA is gay as hell?

Cue the jammer app that sees one skate go rogue because they cant communicate.
Splits anyone?

[RIP]Zeus;1041045162 said:
Wheel chair's for my feet!

Or just everybody use electric wheelchairs!
Make them real fancy with alarms and such.
Maybe even make them auto driving too.

Hehe, soon we will be irrelevant.
The robots are right!

Back