Monkeys, Ghosts And Gods Cannot Be Copyrighted

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just FYI, there is now a list of things that cannot be copyrighted.

Among the 1,222 pages of updated rules and regulations are explicit bans on works produced by “nature, animals, or plants” or “purportedly created by divine or supernatural beings”.

So ghost can't be copyrighted? What about cod? Ghost cods?
Or is it COD: Ghosts?
:D

OK, so is my reading comprehension slacking off or does it not actually answer th question of who owns the monkey selfie? IT establishes that it is not the monkey. Got that. But does it mean it is the photographer's or nobody's?

OK, so is my reading comprehension slacking off or does it not actually answer th question of who owns the monkey selfie? IT establishes that it is not the monkey. Got that. But does it mean it is the photographer's or nobody's?

If it can't be copyrighted, it falls into the public domain.

people are technically animals, nature so works produce by animals can't be copyrighted?

1,222 pages of updated rules and regulations
Yeah the system ain't broken at all... just like the tax code :)

All those people with bakery goods having the images of Virgin Mary, Jesus, or others are out of luck now (unless they want to admit they made the image instead of "God", then they can copyright it) :p

people are technically animals, nature so works produce by animals can't be copyrighted?

Yeah the system ain't broken at all... just like the tax code :)

Blame the lawyers ... since they will sue over any loophole they find, these documents become like making a wish in Dungeons and Dragons with a crafty Dungeon Master (we learned our lesson after wishing for 10,000 gold pieces, which the DM dropped on our characters, thus killing them ... it could take 20-30 minutes of offering exclusions to make a wish after that) :D

The document is titled "Practices" and is basically an instruction manual for the copyright process, so there is lots more information in there then just 1200 pages of rules and legal text :cool:

Monkeys, Ghosts, and Gods can't be copyrighted now?

2 of those 3 things can't actually be proven to exist in the first place, regardless of belief. They aren't even material objects to be interacted with. So those 2 belong in the "no shit" category.

Monkeys...well, everyone loves monkeys except when they give us a disease. Why bother the monkeys with copyright law? The only thing that companies trying to get a copyright can learn from them are throwing techniques. Monkeys have a knack for throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I thought monkeys wrote copyright law to begin with.

*opens the door, looks at monkeys slamming on typewriters*

Sorry my bad :(

J/K

casper_0_133701.jpg

Sorry Casper.. all those great ideas you have.. can't copyright them!!

jesus christ, the photographer should retain all the rights, the picture was taken with his camera that was stolen by the monkey.
or he could just say "I held the camera at all times" and be done with it.

Back