Do not Buy Yamakasi

haitu

Limp Gawd
Hey,

I purchased two Yamakasi catleap q270 1.5 years ago. One of them died unexpectedly. It just shut off one day and would not be detected by my computer. Power was connecting because the led power light would blink and I could hear buzzing. I tried swapping video cards and power bricks but alas it was dead.

The second Yamakasi is showing signs of death now. It will sporadically turn off and on. Sometimes it will stay off. I turn it off and leave it off, hoping that the monitor gods will forgive me. This works sometimes.

I just wanted to warn people on the durability of these monitors. The reaper will come for them after a year.

just purchased a YAMAKASI QH2711 Black Label .love it even though the touch buttons dont always work. it could be only certain models that dont last long. (i hope).

did you have any warranty

The warranty was for only one year. Since they are Korean monitors, finding help or repair in the US is unfamiliar to me. I asked him who I could bring it to, but the customer service sucks.

I hope it was just a freak accident, however, both monitors failing like this? No way.

The warranty was for only one year. Since they are Korean monitors, finding help or repair in the US is unfamiliar to me. I asked him who I could bring it to, but the customer service sucks.

I hope it was just a freak accident, however, both monitors failing like this? No way.

Square trade warranty on all 3 of my Qnix. 3 year warranty as well.

I think almost everyone knows that these Korean monitors are very unpredictable. They are not the usual fair that get passed for quality checks on the line. These are the monitors that are REJECTED and then sold to a third party instead of scraped.

Not to be mean but you knew this I'm sure. You take the risk .. that's why these monitors can commonly reach under $300.

My Yamakasi 2b has been the best monitor purchase for the past... 7 years or so. The monitor is perfect, good colors, no artifacts like stripes, clouding or anything like that. The only bad thing about it is that it has the usual IPS blur on moving images and you'll have to mod the back of it if you want to add a swivel or a good adjustable stand.... It can even be almost PWM-free if you can make some soldering work on the PCB.
Just to counter balance the thread a bit.

You bought cheap bypassed monitors that use panels that don't meet the standards of the big companies, what did you expect?
2 years of life is already a lot.

My Yamakasi has been going strong for a couple of years now without issue. Luck of the draw man.

So I was at a some mall like store near Seoul that had tons of these monitors. I wandered to a weird spot of the store and saw people fixing them. I know it doesn't help you but thought it was interesting.

ORDER DATE
Jul 16, 2012

Yamakasi Catleap 2703

I got TWO & they have Never given any Trouble ,, Mine are wonderful

So I was at a some mall like store near Seoul that had tons of these monitors. I wandered to a weird spot of the store and saw people fixing them. I know it doesn't help you but thought it was interesting.
Indeed.

I'm not here for a pity party. Some users, like Kache and GodMachine, think otherwise. This is an informal buyer's review. I even purchased a Qnix to replace the already dead one. Not everyone who drops a post about their bad experience are raging pitch forkers, and not every Yamakasi will fail after 1.5 years of use.

I'm not here for a pity party. Some users, like Kache and GodMachine, think otherwise. This is an informal buyer's review. I even purchased a Qnix to replace the already dead one. Not everyone who drops a post about their bad experience are raging pitch forkers, and not every Yamakasi will fail after 1.5 years of use.

haitu said:
I just wanted to warn people on the durability of these monitors. The reaper will come for them after a year.

Mixed messages, man.

I'm another one who hasn't had any problems with his Catleap. Bought it 2 years ago, it's been trucking ever since with no signs of dying.

Back