Corsair Commander Mini Provides Ultimate Control of PC Cooling, Lighting, and Perform

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance PC hardware components, today announced the availability of the Corsair Commander Mini control unit. The compact Commander Mini gives users the ability to connect and control multiple lights, fans, and other Corsair devices with an intuitive software interface. The Corsair Commander Mini is a centralized control unit for Corsair Link PC control and monitoring system. Equipped with four Corsair Link Digital ports, six fan control connectors, four temperature probe inputs, and a port for connecting Corsair Link LED lighting strips, Corsair Commander Mini lets users take complete control of their PC’s lighting and cooling. The unit is easy to install with an included mounting kit and connects to your PC via a standard SATA connector for power and an included cable to connect it to a USB 2.0 header on the PC’s motherboard.

Boo to lighting, that's so 1998. Personally, my fans are all automatically temperature controlled off the motherboard, but if I had too many fans for that then this would be pretty sweet if they price it right.

Maximum power per fan header 1 A
Maximum power for RGB LED channel 2 A
Maximum power for all 6 fan headers and RGB LED channel 4 A

Somehow i question the utility of micromanagement of low wattage fans with 4 temp sensors. The fans that would benefit more from such level of control are gonna need more than the measly power this control unit supplys. It works OK with Corsair's SP 120, but not with San Ace screamers.

I'm pretty sure the market they're after is corsair fanboys that buy anything they peddle regardless of actual performance / quality. Someone running SAN's or GT, NB's is definitely not on the radar for this.

Agreed. Would have rather dropped the LED for additional higher power fan headers. Shame because I otherwise would have been all over this.

Somehow i question the utility of micromanagement of low wattage fans with 4 temp sensors. The fans that would benefit more from such level of control are gonna need more than the measly power this control unit supplys. It works OK with Corsair's SP 120, but not with San Ace screamers.

Since these are four pin fan connectors, if you are using four pin fans you can easily pull the power from a molex, and just connect the rpm and pwm signal wires to this unit, and bypass the power limitation all together.

I think it's a great little device. I just wish it didn't rely on windows software to run...

Oh, ad yeah.

I don't "decorate" my builds. And LED's, colors, pictures or windows are just wasted on me. Just give me sleek subtle and businesslike quality materials.

The less it looks like the computer version of fast & furious the better.

They're like 8 years late. No one buys desktops or desktop hardware anymore and the ones that do are buying really small form factor stuff for business use.

Zarathustra has an excellent point if you are using PWM fans.

I personally, think this is pretty awesome. I've always hated bay mounted fan controllers. Having hidden software control is perfect. I do wish that there was more than one RGB LED channel. Two or three would have been perfect. I wonder how they will implement it. It'd be pretty slick to have a color scheme that gets redder the hotter that your system gets. Nice visual.

BP

It'd be pretty slick to have a color scheme that gets redder the hotter that your system gets.

meh, blue giant > red dwarf.

colbert.png

Corsair Link couldn't detect my H100i on Windows 8.1 if baby Jesus guided Corsair's hands. It's been the worst piece of software I have used in 15 years, hands down.

Back