Official Destiny Gameplay Trailer: Venus

No offense, but the designs in this game look awful. All the characters look like rejected versions of Tali from Mass Effect.

yeah, they should have named it something besides venus. trees and other life on that planet is very improbable.

It's part of the lore of this game. The big traveler orb shows up and modifies all the planets in our solar system to support life. But that's kinda bs too since some planets can't literally hold atmospheres due to gravity.

But there you have it, space magic.

Meh

I've seen nothing from this game that makes it the awe-inspiring holy grail of gaming that the marketing machine has worked it up to be. Also, there are a staggering amount of paid advertisements masked as "previews" and I'm pretty certain the game review publications have a gun to their head.

This just seems like Mass Effect without any characters (or are they all just the same? lol) and apparently no reason to play it other than to be part of the hype machine.

Meh

I've seen nothing from this game that makes it the awe-inspiring holy grail of gaming that the marketing machine has worked it up to be. Also, there are a staggering amount of paid advertisements masked as "previews" and I'm pretty certain the game review publications have a gun to their head.

This just seems like Mass Effect without any characters (or are they all just the same? lol) and apparently no reason to play it other than to be part of the hype machine.

Yeah that is pretty much the same impression I get

They already have the first two expansions named and prolly ready to go.
I understand splitting up a game into little pieces to make more money is now the norm, but come on, don't already show us the names and box art for the expansions b4 the primary game has even launched.

http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy/editions?edition=expansionPass

Otherwise the game looks like it could be good. Obviously going to wait on the complete edition of it though.

It's part of the lore of this game. The big traveler orb shows up and modifies all the planets in our solar system to support life. But that's kinda bs too since some planets can't literally hold atmospheres due to gravity.

But there you have it, space magic.

I thought it was due to lack of a magnetic field? Earth's the only inner planet with one. It helps deflect that solar wind that strips planets of their atmosphere.

Can we please come up with immersive games that are NOT FPS shooters for a change?

Where are Robyn and Rand Miller when you need them?

Regarding Venus: Maybe in "the golden age" it was terraformed, and mostly nice, but now only a remnant remains, protected within an energy shield?

I thought it was due to lack of a magnetic field? Earth's the only inner planet with one. It helps deflect that solar wind that strips planets of their atmosphere.

Earth is not the only planet in this solar system with a magnetic field.

You are right it protects the atmosphere. The lack of air on mars has been attributed to the magnetic field failing. Or so I have read.

Back