Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Last Hope Trailer

Damn straight Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is going to be in my Steam Library. Does that make me an addict? :p

The series sold out and turned into a carnival with oversaturated colors and zero immersion.

I LOVE how Steve has warned us for years about how robots are going bankrupt and KILL US ALL.. but notice the first chance he gets to become one, he is going to take it.. and KILL US ALL!!

The series sold out and turned into a carnival with oversaturated colors and zero immersion.

Dunno about sold out, in the sense the series was never not a sellout, but I was definitely disappointed in the kid-friendly direction they went from BL1 -> BL2 to try to appeal to a broader (younger) audience by toning down the gore and amping up the junior high humor.

BL1 had an awesome wasteland/mad max type feeling of desolation and dread. The revolvers spun, the guns had weight and oomph, you could pop heads and limbs.

BL2 introduced a seeming "space cowboy" theme with bright primary colors and toy space guns with no weight to them.

BL:TPS is a glorified texture mod of BL2 done by 2K Australia as a stopgap title (think Arkham Origins) to keep the publisher happy and the IP generating revenue while giving Gearbox some breathing room to work on other games and also apparently the real nextgen sequel.

BL3/Borderworlds or whatever GBX ends up calling the true sequel will hopefully recapture some of what made BL1 great, but I dont have much hope. I'll still buy it because I love the series.

Dunno about sold out, in the sense the series was never not a sellout, but I was definitely disappointed in the kid-friendly direction they went from BL1 -> BL2 to try to appeal to a broader (younger) audience by toning down the gore and amping up the junior high humor.

BL1 had an awesome wasteland/mad max type feeling of desolation and dread. The revolvers spun, the guns had weight and oomph, you could pop heads and limbs.

BL2 introduced a seeming "space cowboy" theme with bright primary colors and toy space guns with no weight to them.

BL:TPS is a glorified texture mod of BL2 done by 2K Australia as a stopgap title (think Arkham Origins) to keep the publisher happy and the IP generating revenue while giving Gearbox some breathing room to work on other games and also apparently the real nextgen sequel.

BL3/Borderworlds or whatever GBX ends up calling the true sequel will hopefully recapture some of what made BL1 great, but I dont have much hope. I'll still buy it because I love the series.

But its not just Borderlands, its most games these days. Majority try to appeal to the wider audience and take what made the original great away. Mass Effect comes to mind for example. From ME1 to 2nd and 3rd felt like night and day. I loved ME1s direction towards RPG, but by the time the second came around they completely took it away and made it more console like with simply mechanics and closed environments...

Will probably be better than Borderlands 2...Definitely buying this game.

Was not interested in this.

Till playable Claptrap.

Back to BL2 I go now ( I own all the DLC to, not hating on it, Butt Stallion would get angry if I hated on it).

If you play as claptrap will you not be able to see over small obstacles? Will you also not be able to climb stairs?

Thats kind of how I feel about it as well. I really don't see them bringing anything new to the table. They didn't really in BL2, but I wanted more after BL1 so it was all good. BL:TPS seems like it might be going back to the well one too many times without anything noteworthy.

I maxed out on BL1, all the DLC, max level characters, etc. Haven't even gone through both playthroughs with one character on BL2. The one thing I do love is farming those GOD-Liaths and watching them tear up the landscape. Until they come at me, of course.

Who is the 12 year old they tapped to create weapon names in BL2? "cruddy shotty" and the like. And every shotgun is either weak, or has one or two shots before reloading. And while those LMGs in BL1 were maybe a little too good, not having them at all in BL2 pretty much sucks.

It's just not as good of a game, IMO. While it would be nice to see them get back to form, I'm not holding my breath.

Thats kind of how I feel about it as well. I really don't see them bringing anything new to the table. They didn't really in BL2, but I wanted more after BL1 so it was all good. BL:TPS seems like it might be going back to the well one too many times without anything noteworthy.
Interesting reading all of this since I am currently playing Borderlands 2 (getting a little bored with it), and I have never played one. Love the game but, I guess now I have to get the first...

I liked BL1 right up until the end levels. The end part sucked, but even the devs admitted it was not very good.

I'm disappointed you can't play Jack.
Best villian ever!
Between Jack and Tina in BL2 I almost never stopped laughing.

Oh well, still going to add this one to my Steam library and probably play the hell out of it with friends.

I'm disappointed you can't play Jack.
Best villian ever!
Between Jack and Tina in BL2 I almost never stopped laughing.

Oh well, still going to add this one to my Steam library and probably play the hell out of it with friends.

Glad to see Im not the only one. Jack's little comments cracked me up several times. "I was gonna name it Piss for Brains for, you know, in honor of you" and when Jack kills Bloodwing he comes on, "Ah dammit I was gonna.....quick somebody get me a violin.....it was going to be all dramatic."

Back