Yelp Reviewers File Class Action Lawsuit

HardOCP News

[H] News
Don't act surprised, it's not like we all didn't see this one coming a mile away.

Last fall, while we were covering fake Yelp reviews of real businesses and real Yelp reviews of fake businesses, a lawsuit questioning the nature of online reviews in a different way was filed on the West Coast. The lawsuit was dismissed in February, but has since been filed again with different attorneys and a different lead plaintiff. Their argument? Elite Yelp reviewers provide a service to the site, and some reviewers are paid, so all of them ought to be.

Hopefully it gets thrown out. I compare it to people like Brent and Kyle posting here and getting paid (at least I assume they are paid) while the rest of us post for free. Many of the forum posters provide a good benefit to the user community, but it wouldn't make sense to pay everyone for their content.

Give me an effing break. At no time is there any implication, warranty, suggestion, whatever, that you'll get paid to write online reviews. In fact, the norm is not to get paid. Hopefully this gets thrown out as well, greedy fucks. If you don't want to not get paid for your "work", don't "work" for someplace that never says, anywhere, that it will pay you.

Hopefully it gets thrown out. I compare it to people like Brent and Kyle posting here and getting paid (at least I assume they are paid) while the rest of us post for free. Many of the forum posters provide a good benefit to the user community, but it wouldn't make sense to pay everyone for their content.

My god you are right!!! We have all been abused by [H]. Kyle, you'll be hearing from my attorney soon unless we can cut a deal. :D:D

People just don't seem to grasp the purpose of a site such as Yelp. The idea is that you post reviews that will help other people determine if they should use X service in the hope that someone else will post reviews about Y service that you might have been looking at yourself.

I feel like they should make it part of the terms of service agreement that "you are willingly posting your comments to the site with the knowledge that you will not receive direct compensation for your efforts."

If you aren't paying me...why would I give a fuck about making an honest review of my experience?

Help other people make an informed decision: aka avoid fucktard asshole businesses, illuminate the businesses that treat the customer well and deserve repeat sales?

pff waste of time if I'm not getting paidddddd

Back