Movie Chief: We Won’t Sue Kids, Moms or Dads Over Piracy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hang on, if this studio isn't going to sue moms, dads or kids, who is left to sue?!?! Think about it. :D

A prominent studio boss has responded to suggestions by Australia's Communications Minister that copyright holders need to sue to get their message across. Rejecting such a path as "ineffective", Village Roadshow co-CEO Graham Burke says his company does not want to "sue 16 year olds or mums and dads."

or.. if you really wanted to sell your product you know.. you could make it compelling to want, at a price people would pay, and in a way that makes it easy to buy

Make it easy to by is 90% of the equation. Million ways to make up for a lack of quality and still move product. But not if it's easier and more convenient to pirate than it is to spend money.

"Rather than adapt to the new electronic market space, let's attack and sue it!"

Netflix and Amazon Prime seem like the best new business models. However, still bugs me that Prime viewing isn't a separate purchase from prime shipping, and instead they bundled it and raised the price. :mad:

At least we are seeing someone in the industry openly admit that suing grandma and little kids is not a deterrent at all.

At least we are seeing someone in the industry openly admit that suing grandma and little kids is not a deterrent at all.

Common sense?? I guess hell's temp just lowered 50 degrees.

Netflix and Amazon Prime seem like the best new business models. However, still bugs me that Prime viewing isn't a separate purchase from prime shipping, and instead they bundled it and raised the price. :mad:

To be honest i think they purpose of prime is to create subscription based revenues as well as sales ones. In fairness i think they area ctually losing money on prime as is from shipping alone

The minister [Malcolm Turnbull] recently said that if rightsholders want to send a message that they’re serious over piracy, they need to strategically sue a few people – “moms and dads and students”.

Speaking with Fairfax Media, Village Roadshow chief Graham Burke said that suing people only makes lawyers rich, but above all it simply doesn’t work.

Surprisingly enough, guess who used to be a lawyer before becoming a politician.

Misleading title.
Makes it sounds like they stopped doing it, when all he said is they don't WANT to, but they still do.

In other words, a whole lot of bullshit.

Misleading title.
Makes it sounds like they stopped doing it, when all he said is they don't WANT to, but they still do.

In other words, a whole lot of bullshit.

Yep, "we don't want to punch your child in its fat little face, but we're going to do it anyway because .. F+ck you".

Back