Battlefield 4 Free For One Week

HardOCP News

[H] News
Electronic Arts is giving you one week to play Battlefield 4 for free through Origin's Game Time. If you've been holding off on buying BF4, this would be a good way to try before you buy.

Origin Game Time is back! It’s time to team up with your friends in Battlefield 4. The massive first-person shooter has joined our Game Time program. New recruits can now download Battlefield 4 to their Origin Game Library and get one full week -- that's 168 hours -- of non-stop action. All Origin users have until August 14 to add Battlefield 4 Game Time to their Origin Game Library.

I don't think my rig could run it very well. But its tempting to try.

as soon as origin fails and they put stuff on steam im in otherwise the boycott of origin continues.

Portal 1 was free for a week, this isn't free its just a timed demo.

I don't think my rig could run it very well. But its tempting to try.

Your rig should run it fine, just don't expect to run high settings with a 7770. BF4 is a game that can actually use the 6 cores your cpu has.

Your rig should run it fine, just don't expect to run high settings with a 7770. BF4 is a game that can actually use the 6 cores your cpu has.

Yeah when I moved from i7 to my xeon BF4 showed its hexa-lovin powers

hmm this is tempting but not tempting enough. I have origin got all the free games they have. But how many have I played not one. Steam is what I have 300+ games so backlog is extensive.

Man. Steam fanboys are as bad as red/green/blue fanboys (I won't include Apple fanboys with that group because they are obviously suffering from dementia). We get it guys... You're never gonna use Origin until, I'll buy those games when, rabble rabble rabble, blah blah blah. It's your choice and that's great, but every time there is an article somehow associated with Origin do you have to log in, (bend over), and talk about how great Steam is and by association the cow that runs Valve?

Blind loyalty is a bad thing. Origin isn't quite as polished as Steam, but that line is getting blurred.

Now to what we should be talking about. Free week is fantastic! I'm thinking a few hours at the bar after work, tie on a nice buzz, come home and farm. Maybe I'll keep a running tally with quote of every sub lvl 10 freebe that cry's "hax!" Good times. Good times.

today is yesterday's tomorrow:D
I see how much reaction your thread got yesterday. Either gamers already have it or don't want the origin I guess

Man. Steam fanboys are as bad as red/green/blue fanboys (I won't include Apple fanboys with that group because they are obviously suffering from dementia). We get it guys... You're never gonna use Origin until, I'll buy those games when, rabble rabble rabble, blah blah blah. It's your choice and that's great, but every time there is an article somehow associated with Origin do you have to log in, (bend over), and talk about how great Steam is and by association the cow that runs Valve?

Blind loyalty is a bad thing. Origin isn't quite as polished as Steam, but that line is getting blurred.

Now to what we should be talking about. Free week is fantastic! I'm thinking a few hours at the bar after work, tie on a nice buzz, come home and farm. Maybe I'll keep a running tally with quote of every sub lvl 10 freebe that cry's "hax!" Good times. Good times.

Agreed, EA offers a newer game for people to download and try for a week for free.

well fuck EA, Fuck origin...blah blah blah.

For anyone that hasn't tried BF4, this is a way for them to try it for free. If this was put up on steam they would still bitch that it is an EA game and they wouldn't install it for that reason

I been wanting to look at this game. Thanks for the headsup. Going to try it anyways, despite bad rep.

Nevermind screw that.. 25.62gb download size? Ya no thanks.

What's the problem with that? I got 10-11Mbytes/s dl speed with Origin it took not much time at all.

It was very useful, now I know not to waste my money on BF4. Maps are horrible, the whole game rewards campers. I don't consider that sort of gameplay fun.

Also the graphics are cluttered and messy. It's actually worse than BF3.

Can you play the campaign with this free time trial? I just want to see how well it runs on my system at 4K with a single GTX 780 GHZ.

The problem is I already have connection hogging people here at the house with netflix using 1.556 Mbps of our 2-3.5 Mbps connection. Downloading that much game would take me a day or two and use 1/4 of our theoretical soft cap of 100gb. Y'all forget that not everyone can get good internet speeds.. we are lucky to even get what we got.

Just an FYI for anyone who tries this on Origin. don't use Chrome 64 it isn't supported apparently

What's the problem with that? I got 10-11Mbytes/s dl speed with Origin it took not much time at all.

It was very useful, now I know not to waste my money on BF4. Maps are horrible, the whole game rewards campers. I don't consider that sort of gameplay fun.

Also the graphics are cluttered and messy. It's actually worse than BF3.

25 gigs to "try" something for a week? I agree with that guy, no thanks

25 gigs to "try" something for a week? I agree with that guy, no thanks

Its the full game with the campaign and multiplayer maps and everything, intended for people to get the full experience for a week and like it enough to buy it. And if you do buy it after the 7 days theres nothing else to download, you already have the game.

It's so funny, people always complain that companies don't do demo versions any more like they used to. Now a company does and people still complain.

Why do I get the feeling that if this offer was just giving the full game away free with no time restriction like they did for BF3 a while back, people would still find a reason to bitch... Ponderous.

Nevermind screw that.. 25.62gb download size? Ya no thanks.

Console games are 20+GB now. I think the Destiny demo was 23GB. Oblivion was around 20-25GB and that was years ago. games take up a lot of space, if 25GB seems like a lot to you then you must not actually play games then.

Can you play the campaign with this free time trial? I just want to see how well it runs on my system at 4K with a single GTX 780 GHZ.

It is the full game, all single player, all multiplayer, everything. It is just like you purchased it in the store or a digital copy.

Its the full game with the campaign and multiplayer maps and everything, intended for people to get the full experience for a week and like it enough to buy it. And if you do buy it after the 7 days theres nothing else to download, you already have the game.

It's so funny, people always complain that companies don't do demo versions any more like they used to. Now a company does and people still complain.

Why do I get the feeling that if this offer was just giving the full game away free with no time restriction like they did for BF3 a while back, people would still find a reason to bitch... Ponderous.

Agreed.

25gb seems like a lot when it is the fucking download size. I am not complaining about not having a demo. I do not mind downloading a game 7-9gb's because I can let it run for 5-7 hours and be done with it, I have plenty of hard drive space for the game but hell a download that big is a little annoying. If I had another way to download the install I would be all for it and jump on the free game time. Why? Because I actually wanted to get this game.

Forgot to say, this download would take me 20-22 hours to complete based average 350kbps down speed.

25gb seems like a lot when it is the fucking download size. I am not complaining about not having a demo. I do not mind downloading a game 7-9gb's because I can let it run for 5-7 hours and be done with it, I have plenty of hard drive space for the game but hell a download that big is a little annoying. If I had another way to download the install I would be all for it and jump on the free game time. Why? Because I actually wanted to get this game.

Forgot to say, this download would take me 20-22 hours to complete based average 350kbps down speed.

But again this isn't a demo. This is the full game, every single bit that is needed for every single part of the full game. This is a normal size for newer games when downloading the full game. Games aren't 7 - 9 GB anymore unless you are downloading some small indy game.

I have not even seen an Indie game that size. I am talking games like Payday 2, World of Tanks, WarThunder. Anyways.. I may just do it because I want to try the game out. Still sucks that the size is so large..

Well the game has been out for about 10 months - what does it matter if it takes another 24hrs to download in the background? Just sayin.

Heh, this is a way for the people that don't have BF4 to find out how shitty of a game it is without spending any money on it, unlike the rest of us suckers.

I have not even seen an Indie game that size. I am talking games like Payday 2, World of Tanks, WarThunder. Anyways.. I may just do it because I want to try the game out. Still sucks that the size is so large..

Which those games aren't exactly anything new or massive in size to start with. I wouldn't expect any of those games to need gigs of high res maps and models.

Looking at console games. They all now come on Blu-ray based media. They around 17 - 25GB for digital downloads and that are for versions that are locked down to a single platform with only 1 resolution of graphics. Jumping to the PC where you can get better quality and effects I would expect larger needs. I know GTA 5 on the 360 required 2 disc for the game, so I would expect the PC version to be 20ish or larger GB in size also.

It does suck for people like us that have slower download speeds. I was pissed when I spent 15 hours downloading the 20+GB beta for Destiny for the Xbox One only to get to play it for 5 hours and have the beta end on me. However this is how games are going. We want better graphics, larger worlds, better AI.... all of that takes up large amounts of data.

Heh, this is a way for the people that don't have BF4 to find out how shitty of a game it is without spending any money on it, unlike the rest of us suckers.

Maybe they thought they would let us play it and see how badly they fucked up so that everyone fully understands why they delayed the next game to fix it more than they did this one :)

I downloaded it, I admit the graphics look quite nice with all visuals turned up at 4K but I found the game to be lackluster, as I expected, the campaign was completely linear and generic, just like most FPS games. I'm yet to try out the multiplayer, I just downloaded this game to see how well it ran on my PC.

Mp is like any previous bf. Retards, unlocks and levels.
No one cares about anything but unlocks.

Back