NVIDIA Financial Results for Second Quarter Fiscal 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today reported revenue for the second quarter ended July 27, 2014, of $1.10 billion, up 13 percent from $977 million a year earlier and in line with the previous quarter. Revenue for the first half was up 14 percent to a record $2.21 billion from $1.93 billion a year earlier. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.22, up 38 percent from $0.16 a year earlier and down 8 percent from the previous quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.30, up 30 percent from $0.23 a year earlier and up 3 percent from the previous quarter.

• Second quarter revenue of $1.10 billion, up 13 percent from a year earlier
  • GAAP diluted EPS of $0.22, up from $0.16 a year earlier; non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.30, up from $0.23 a year earlier
  • Record GAAP gross margin of 56.1 percent; record non-GAAP gross margin of 56.4 percent
During the second quarter, NVIDIA paid $47 million in cash dividends and received 6.8 million shares under the $500 million structured repurchase agreement it entered into in the first quarter. During the first quarter, the company had paid $47 million in cash dividends and had received 20.6 million shares under the agreement. As a result, during the first half, NVIDIA has returned $594 million of the $1 billion it intends to return to shareholders in fiscal 2015.

I'm still waiting for Charlie Demerjian's prediction that NV is in big trouble and is about to implode come true. Waiting...... Waiting.........

I'm still waiting for Charlie Demerjian's prediction that NV is in big trouble and is about to implode come true. Waiting...... Waiting.........

I stopped visiting that guys site many years ago. I simply do not understand how you can wish a company to implode when ultimately the lost of competition is horrible for customers. Does anybody here remember the days when Intel would charge stupid ridiculous prices for their Pentium IIIs'? I'm ashamed to admit I paid 800 dollars for just the CPU for the 933 MHZ model. Yes I had more money than brains then. We should always want to have competition in the marketplace. Keeps companies honest.

Yeah, I got fed-up over the last few years hearing all the bad news rumors, and never seeing it play-out in marketshare or financials. I dropped his site completely last year after he started charging for all interesting articles, so now he's pretty much forgotten.

He was right about Nvidia in the period of 2009-2010, and then he wasn't.

He was right about the Fermi chips having heat and production problems. But since, not so much. All the decently informed tech folk stopped reading his drivel, leaving only the hard core AMD fanboys circle-jerking each other in the forums.

I remember not so long ago seeing an article (not on his site) but written about him. He claimed that the Tegra K1 wasn't running low power, but in fact was 50+ Watts or some such, and required a huge heatsink, and how it was going to destroy what was left of NV. Course, the Tegra Shield Tablet was just released. The K1 uses 2W, runs as hot as other ARM chips, and runs circles around the current ARM competition.

Back