PNY GeForce GTX 750Ti OC

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the PNY GeForce GTX 750Ti OC posted today at Real Hardware Reviews this afternoon. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

However if you are on a tight budget and only care about 1080P performance the PNY 750Ti OC 2GB should be on your short list. It really is a Panthera Pardus in a room full of lazy housecats and- unlike most 750Ti’s – is easily worth careful consideration.

And that's why I prefer [H], why on earth do I want synthetic tests that run with unplayable settings. Hey this card is a whopping 20% faster!!! yet it only does 20FPS at ultra settings.

The "real word" tests do no better, they also use unplayable settings.

Do I get playable performance just by using other AA modes? a different AO? Disabling TressFX? you'll never know.

But hey they managed to OC the card to a whopping 1,376 mhz. BTW, what was the actual ingame frequency?

The problem with this card like so many others is that it's still just DX11. Any DX11 card will do just fine today. Chances are by now you already have a DX11 card, and unless you bought something like a Geforce GT 520/620 or a Radeon 5550/6550, then there's no reason to upgrade. Not unless you suddenly decided to go SLI Crossfire with raid array SSDs and etc.

The Geforce GTX 750Ti is a damn good card, but it's just another DX11 mid range card. The going price for one of these is $140. For $150 you can get a Radeon R7 265, which destroys this card. But hey, you don't need a beefy power supply to use the 750 Ti.

The problem with this card like so many others is that it's still just DX11. Any DX11 card will do just fine today. Chances are by now you already have a DX11 card, and unless you bought something like a Geforce GT 520/620 or a Radeon 5550/6550, then there's no reason to upgrade. Not unless you suddenly decided to go SLI Crossfire with raid array SSDs and etc.

The Geforce GTX 750Ti is a damn good card, but it's just another DX11 mid range card. The going price for one of these is $140. For $150 you can get a Radeon R7 265, which destroys this card. But hey, you don't need a beefy power supply to use the 750 Ti.

Yeah you nailed it. The only way I'd ever look at a 750ti is if I was power supply constrained.

Back