Man Shoots Himself While Posing For A 'Selfie'

HardOCP News

[H] News
As much as I like to make fun of selfies and Facebook, the blame for this incident rests solely on the shoulders of this guy. :(

Campos Vives, who was arrested at the apartment, told police Mr Otero Aguiar had been playing around with the borrowed gun and decided to take a selfie without realising it was loaded. Police are now seeking El Paco, who fled when they arrived.

Meanwhile, a teenager in Florida has been killed after apparently being shot in the chest during a game of Russian roulette.

Darren Booker, 13, was struck in the chest when his 15-year-old friend emptied a gun of all but one bullet and fired at him three times.

Wow. That's all I have.
It's too early for me to try and comprehend stupidity.

Gun Rule Number 1: Always treat a gun as if it's loaded. The clip may be empty but there may be a bullet in the chamber. That means never point it at anyone (or yourself) unless you intend to do bodily harm.

Gun Rule Number 1: Always treat a gun as if it's loaded. The clip may be empty but there may be a bullet in the chamber. That means never point it at anyone (or yourself) unless you intend to do bodily harm.

Stop it! You're making way too much sense. ;)

I remember memorizing the Remington manual that my dad had, and being lectured from him on firearm safety - before even being allowed to pick up a cleared weapon...

And every time I see an article like this, I understand why.

Gun Rule Number 1: Always treat a gun as if it's loaded. The clip may be empty but there may be a bullet in the chamber.
Gun Rule Number 2: Always assume a gun has a magazine instead of a clip, unless you know otherwise, since clips are uncommon.

Wow. That's all I have.
It's too early for me to try and comprehend stupidity.

Does the "name" "El Paco" seem strange to anyone else here?

Google it and you will see what I mean.

As for Russian Roulette, it is always done with a revolver, correct?

In that case, unless you are blindfolded when you fire the gun, how can you not tell which chamber the bullet is in?

Gun Rule Number 2: Always assume a gun has a magazine instead of a clip, unless you know otherwise, since clips are uncommon.

Gun Rule Number 3: Always point out when someone misuses the terms, as if anyone actually cares, because if they then espouse any sort of sentiment that you disagree with, you have proof that they're too stupid and ignorant to even know the difference and therefore their opinion is worthless.

I don't assume if firearms are loaded or not. I check. My 1951 Russian SKS has clips :p

We clearly have an idiot problem on this planet.

It will only get worse since they're reproducing exponentially and are subsidized by the government.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

So the big question is, how can we get this to happen more?

We clearly have an idiot problem on this planet.

It will only get worse since they're reproducing exponentially and are subsidized by the government.

Population growth is about 1.1% annually, far from exponential. This happened in Mexico.

Gun Rule Number 2 :
It's a magazine, not a clip.

Gun Rule Number 2 :
It's a magazine, not a clip.

And nobody gives a shit. Names change constantly over time when it comes to the language of normal everyday people. Being an ass about official terminology just makes you look like a nerd.
..though that is an odd thing to say on a computer and tech forum full of nerds. :D

If I'm firing my boss's M1 Garand? It's a fucking clip.

If I'm firing their AR-15? It's a goddamn magazine.

The difference is that a clip doesn't have any sort of feed mechanism (it's handled by the weapon or gravity assist). A magazine does have some sort of feed mechanism (such as a spring loaded feed plate).

If I'm firing my boss's M1 Garand? It's a fucking clip.

If I'm firing their AR-15? It's a goddamn magazine.

The difference is that a clip doesn't have any sort of feed mechanism (it's handled by the weapon or gravity assist). A magazine does have some sort of feed mechanism (such as a spring loaded feed plate).

+1

1. ar-15's, they have clips of ammo in cans to feed into magazines with a mag loader.

now, for the morons.

2. ar-15's, they have clips of ammo in cans to feed into clips with a clips loader.

which one makes you sound retarded?

Darwin strikes again.
He survived and didn't shoot his nuts off. And he's probably Catholic, so he likely already has five kids. So doesn't win the Darwin award... genes make it into the next generation. :D :( :D

Meanwhile, a teenager in Florida has been killed after apparently being shot in the chest during a game of Russian roulette.

Darren Booker, 13, was struck in the chest when his 15-year-old friend emptied a gun of all but one bullet and fired at him three times.

That's not how you play Russian Roulette. That's how you play Second Degree Murder. Totally different game. Different trophies as well.

F'n media man. Always getting this sh+t wrong.

How much you want to be there will now be a label near the camera that says.

"Warning: Using this product to take pictures while holding a loaded firearm pointed at head may cause serious bodily harm"

+1

Son if you ever pull heat
Then use it
If you got a chance to walk away
Then do it

Gun Rule Number 3: Always point out when someone misuses the terms, as if anyone actually cares, because if they then espouse any sort of sentiment that you disagree with, you have proof that they're too stupid and ignorant to even know the difference and therefore their opinion is worthless.

If someone is going to give out information they should know the basics, and clips vs. Magazines is a really basic bit of info.

Back