Apple Refutes Beats Layoff Rumors

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
According to an Apple spokesperson, the beat really does go on. Apple took the offensive on Friday, denying rumors that the company had laid off 200 employees after Apple officially took over control of Beats.

"We're excited to have the Beats team join Apple, and we have extended job offers to every Beats employee," Neumayr said. "Because of some overlap in our operations, some offers are for a limited period and we'll work hard during this time to find as many of these Beats employees as we can another permanent job within Apple."

That's a "yes" to me. They can't just fire them just like that, so they are making the job "redundant", which means they will be fired after a time period in which they may look for another job within the company. Usually there is no other job and that's that. Happened to me, the time period was 3 month, during which I was paid fully and didn't have to work either, so I could look for another job. And I got a redundancy payment which was quite ok. But still, in the end, it's a nicely worded "you'rte fired" with compensation.

What they mean to say is "we haven't laid them off yet."

There's bound to be some overlap. When than happens you keep the best Beats employees and get rid of the rest. Just part of doing business. I don't see what the big deal is.

Walmart has a updated Beats display recently I'm wtf is the point.
Yah dem Beats headphones are grate dey break when you drop em.

Hope this guy isn't out of a job..

beats_pill.jpg

He is redundant at all!!

There's bound to be some overlap. When than happens you keep the best Beats employees and get rid of the rest. Just part of doing business. I don't see what the big deal is.

Not sure if serious.

Its not the getting rid of people, its how they worded it.

Its Apple.
You don't keep the best, you keep the one most adapt at taking credit for others ideas and stealing.
Plus maybe the patent lawyers.

Back