Taskbar control for nvidia cards? I want to enable/disable displays more easily

SonicTron

Snopes is My Fact Checker
I know for sure that using ATI software I was able to enable/disable displays on the fly from the taskbar icon.

With the nvidia software (I am using a 650ti), I have no taskbar control.....and if there is a way to enable it, does it let me do what I want to do?

Long story short I have a projector hooked up, and it's a fucking pain in the dick when for whatever reason some windows like to default to the projector display now and then, which means I have to go through the stubborn process of clearing a window and going through all of the YES YES YES I WANT TO USE THIS DISPLAY SETTING and then again to disable it or however I have to do it. Pain in the ass. ATI was super easy.

thanks

If that Windows + P key doesn't work for you, you could always try Ultramon.
Right click on the icon in the tasktray, click on Disable Secondary, and it disables that screen, and if it was an extended screen, anything on it moves to the primary screen.

Long story short I have a projector hooked up, and it's a fucking pain in the dick when for whatever reason some windows like to default to the projector display now and then

I absolutely hate that and what's worse is that Windows has no Expose feature that I know of, so it's not like you can easily view the whole desktop and just drag the window back to the desktop you want.

Sometimes you can right-click on the window task list item and select "Move", and then drag it back to your current desktop. But I find this doesn't work with some windows that handle their own window decorations, like Chrome or Steam.

So I figured out that the windows 7 window moving shortcuts work on pretty much any window, including windowed games

windows key + shift + arrow key in the direct youre moving

has saved me a ton of trouble for a while now

Back