Mass Effect 4 Panel From Comic-Con

Proof is in the pudding, I'll wait and see how they salvage a new storyline out of this new game, after everything that happened in the first two (and ignored mostly in the third).

i thought they said it was a trilogy with a conclusion that you can't untie anymore. i guess money unties the biggest knot and there's always the option to make a prequel and go backwards in the timeline.

I love the Mass Effect universe and it's characters. I love the art style, themes, genre I love everything about Mass Effect. Please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up.

And with 50 different endings which your action affects the outcome! /sarcasm

Well, unless they go back to their roots with the first installment of ME, I couldnt care less about the 4th. Second and third titles were crap, both in story and gameplay.

The series was still salvageable after the damage ME2 did. But ME3 officially put the characters, lore, story, and universe through the shredder. There is nothing left to salvage. Mass Effect is over with. At least Call of Duty does not pretend it is something more than it is.

The series was still salvageable after the damage ME2 did. But ME3 officially put the characters, lore, story, and universe through the shredder. There is nothing left to salvage. Mass Effect is over with. At least Call of Duty does not pretend it is something more than it is.

I find this line of thinking sad. I find it even more sad that I agree with it.

You have to be in denial to say the series wasnt ruined after the last game. ME1 MADE ME what it was, and then it just went downhill. I just cant imagine how they will continue the story...

You have to be in denial to say the series wasnt ruined after the last game. ME1 MADE ME what it was, and then it just went downhill. I just cant imagine how they will continue the story...

Probably the same way they did Dragon Age 2 from DAO...

I love the Mass Effect universe and it's characters. I love the art style, themes, genre I love everything about Mass Effect. Please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up.

I absolutely love ME1 and ME2, and even 3 was two thirds of a good game with a really shitty conclusion. If they don't screw this one up they could win me back.

ME2 and 3 were awesome. I really like the revision of combat mechanics that 2 did. Also, the whole weapon system and loot in ME1 was crap. Every weapon and item in the game felt the same. The whole Mako across planets wasn't so great either cause all worlds were pretty much barren.

The one thing I can agree with is ME3 ending really sucked. I hated the end, but the game itself was good preceding the ending.

I hope they stick with the combat style of ME2 and 3. It felt more fast paced and I loved how combat and the cover system flowed.

I think this will be an entirely new story though. Different universe from the first trilogy. Can not check the. Link as it does not load.

ME2 and 3 were awesome. I really like the revision of combat mechanics that 2 did. Also, the whole weapon system and loot in ME1 was crap. Every weapon and item in the game felt the same. The whole Mako across planets wasn't so great either cause all worlds were pretty much barren.

The one thing I can agree with is ME3 ending really sucked. I hated the end, but the game itself was good preceding the ending.

I hope they stick with the combat style of ME2 and 3. It felt more fast paced and I loved how combat and the cover system flowed.

This is EA.

I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck it up.

Mass Effect 2 was the last time I truly played. I think I have 90 hours for it logged on Steam.

ME3's ending was so shitty that I didn't even bother with Leviathan and other DLC.

Mass Effect 2 was the last time I truly played. I think I have 90 hours for it logged on Steam.

ME3's ending was so shitty that I didn't even bother with Leviathan and other DLC.

Leviathan really helped make the ME3 ending make sense, not saying it made it good, just made it make sense. Combined that with the extended cut ending and it made it an average ending.

Hoping ME4 will be good. Loved ME1 (all around favorite), thought ME2 had the best ending where you involve your whole team, and ME3 was one of the best games I ever played until the choice ending (Mordin, the Rannoch scenes, and the convo with Capt Anderson at the very end...should have ended the game there...were fantastic).

Suits from Fallout and a 2015 Polaris Mako. Yeah they are really creative.

waaaaaaaaiiiiiTT?!?!?

I thought the universe exploded, everybody died, but a couple people who became
Adam and Eve in that one I refused to buy....:rolleyes:

waaaaaaaaiiiiiTT?!?!?

lol, not in any of the endings did that happen unless you outright refused the 3 choices in the extended cut.

I still get a laugh out of this....

t71k48.jpg

I wont touch any new ME game without seeing plenty of reviews and comments on the forums. EA/BioWare lost pretty much all my trust at this point.

i thought they said it was a trilogy with a conclusion that you can't untie anymore. i guess money unties the biggest knot and there's always the option to make a prequel and go backwards in the timeline.

They only said this about the Trilogy, they said nothing about starting a new story line in the universe. They originally wanted to have multiple story lines in the universe going on much like Star Trek does it.

This... This... This... FUCKING THIS!!!

I thought Mass Effect was awesome because you had infinite ammo, and they had a scientific reasoning behind why.

I might give the game another try on my bigger monitor but I think all the Game Informer guys were paid off like two years ago making the game #1.

I'm playing through it, again. Finished ME1 about a month ago and took some time off to play/finish some other games. I start ME2, tomorrow. :)

Started 2 weekends ago. 14 hours into ME1 and hoping to finish it by this week so I can get started on ME2.

waaaaaaaaiiiiiTT?!?!?

No, essentially what happened was the Reapers were wiping out all intelligent life forms when they reach the peak of their civilization. Then next generation of humans and aliens would then rise up and find the technology of the past and try to figure out how it works. The Citadel was ancient technology from the Reapers themselves and so were the Mass Relays that they used to travel to distant star systems. The Reapers would then show up every 50-100K years and wipe everyone out over some bullshit reason to start over. The cycle has happened countless of times.

The 3 choices you were given were bullshit and all the choices you had made up to that point had no chance of the outcome and every ending you chose was essentially the same shit.

the three endings should have been as follows:

paragon -> you have consistently sought integration and acceptance and are able to bring about a coalition to overcome the reapers

renegade -> you have consistently put human self interest first and are able to bring about a dominant human force to overcome the reapers

bad - > reapers won because you were not consistent with your choices

instead we get screwed by an ending that had absolutely nothing in common with the rest of the game

the three endings should have been as follows:

paragon -> you have consistently sought integration and acceptance and are able to bring about a coalition to overcome the reapers

renegade -> you have consistently put human self interest first and are able to bring about a dominant human force to overcome the reapers

bad - > reapers won because you were not consistent with your choices

instead we get screwed by an ending that had absolutely nothing in common with the rest of the game

TBH though...

With the way the rest of the story was written what other options were there? Either the good (?) organics win or the bad synthetics win. There really aren't many other ways to end that saga, barring drawing it out lots more.

The story was rigged from the get go from the plot premise to culminate like that.

I just started playing ME1. I have about an hour vested into it. This type of game isn't normally what I play but I'm doing it for the wife. Shes played all three twice and is now starting her third time. She just looooves everything about the series.

the Mass Effect universe holds so much potential...so many great species, planets, characters etc...it's the Star Wars of video games...looking forward to more ME games

I fucking love ALL the ME games! They are my all time favorites. Yeah there were things I would've changed but who can't say that about every game? The ending was weak but after the extended cut, it was fine. The storyline, atmosphere and characters were awesome and that's what made the game so great to me. Yeah the combat wasn't that great but it was still fun besides that's not what this game was about. This was more a 35 hour long interactive movie that you could escape from reality for a few hours with. I've got a couple hundred hours logged on all 3 games and will probably be playing these when I'm 70. If they come with a 4th one, I'll likely be in line on day 1 to buy it. If I enjoy it half as much as the first 3, it'll be money well spent.

Back