Another Amazon Payments dispute from beautypc

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a scum. I hope he gets the hammer. This does make me hesitant to accept A-Payments.

It's not really an Amazon Payments problem, as the victim that came into the thread I opened (the linked one) had a dispute with PayPal. The problem is the buyer in this case (BeautyPC) did all the payments with his CC, and then did chargebacks on the CC, so it doesn't matter how the payment came to you/me. We all have to fight now, and it's difficult because there is a middle man, in our case Amazon, who has to fight for us with the CC to avoid the chargeback.

I'm sorry to hear it happened. Since my thread was closed, it seems that the mods here don't really care much about the fact that BeautyPC is running around pulling fraud. I suggest you get everything you can and send it to Kyle or another mod so they know about a 3rd person now that's dealing with the guy. They really need to find a way to ban him for good.

Make sure to leave negative Heat with BeautyPC, if you can. I'm going to shoot Amazon an email right now letting them know that a 3rd person is having a problem with this guy too, hopefully it helps win my case.

Good luck with yours! If there's any way I can help please don't hesitate to ask.

Guess I must have misread that Amazon vs Paypal part, but yes: same BS being pulled on his end either way.

We left each other heat (transaction happened middle-end of May), so that shipped sailed.

Favorite part is this douchnozzle is doing a chargeback back on a $15 item, and Amazon will charge me $10 to dispute this chargeback.

Yeah. I've told Amazon a few times now that they should be collecting that fee from him, as he's the one pulling fraud here.

The worst part is that if we don't pay Amazon their fee, we can't fight it at all. And he just washes his hands of it by doing the chargeback on his CC. So it turns from a seller/buyer dispute to a CC/middleman dispute, and the only person that has a say in it at the end is the CC company.

I'm really wondering how this guy can open several chargebacks with his CC and have it not look suspicious. If I was a bank, the first thing I would question is how this guy has so many problems with items 30-60 days after the fact. One chargeback, seems normal if it's not a common occurrence. Multiple chargebacks 1-2 days apart? That's pretty clear it's fraud. I'd love to know what bank the CC was with so I could call up their fraud dept and have a chat.

As was stated in the previously closed thread,
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040993980&postcount=43

please shoot a FS/FT Mod (There are plenty of us) or Kyle a PM with the proof. We dont ban people without proof, and we need more than just what you put in the open here. It does sound sketchy, and there is a reason alot of the suggestions say use paypal, because there is a valid dispute process there. I am personally not a fan of amazon payments for reasons such as this.

^ so 3+ victims isn't proof enough? A post to a thread in 2005 with the same guy doing the same thing isn't proof enough? What is "proof"? You want the email communications from Amazon with me? I already stated in my thread (the closed one) that I don't have the PM's anymore.

I find it very frustrating that you are letting this guy walk here. Look at his Heat. You have 2 more people listed there that will probably be "victims" as well. Plus who knows how many others that didn't leave Heat. I understand you don't want to blame people without proof, and if I had been the only guy that had a problem, I get it. But now we're up to 3. Get with it.

What W.Feather and or Kyle are asking for is any information you have. It doesn't have to be PM's from the site but emails from Amazon Pay, [H] site PM's for the others or any other means of information that you (jeffman and the other victims) have on beautypc will help.

It is easy to stand back and ask that the site put something in place to bock people from re joining but that is next to impossible. I wont go into specifics on ways to do it but its not rocket science. Scumbags like beautypc will continue to do what they do until karma or the police put the smackdown on him.

I suggest all those involved report this guy here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Provide them with all the info you have on him, name, address, phone, website, etc and get him more than the banhammer.

^Thanks. That's a shady looking website...lol. I understand it's legit, just looks like crap.

And my ignore list continues to grow... Sorry you guys are going through this with him but thank you for bringing it to public attention.

Jeffman, look at it from the sites point of view. We have people saying this, with no evidence to it. Yes there are three threads on it (2 recent, one not recently), its a he said / she said thing.

I received a PM, ill pass it onto the higher ups shortly.

Thank you Crazy_Chuckster for clarifying for me.

Yeah jeffman, I had to file on that site when I ended up with fraudulent charges on a credit card once. It does look kind of hokey now that you mention it.

It floors me that this guy is pulling charge backs for such small amounts. I mean he is a bona-fide thief that went and built up positive heatware over the last couple years to do this?

Oh and so far the only negative heat this guy had received was from Jeffman, Anyone else involved should leave negative or edit their evaluation to a negative.

Given the findings here and the same repeated behavior he has been banned from our forums as a bad trader.

Last edited:
I sent a PM to beautypc this morning..I guess I wont be getting a response....:D

I don't get something, I thought people switched to amazon payments because they felt the buyer will always win with paypal and their dispute resolution center sucks blahblah but with amazon payments you have to pay $10 for them to even look at the dispute? Am I missing something here?

I think they look at person to person (buyer pays with Amazon Payments money in their account, or using a checking account) disputes for no charge. I'm pretty sure the $10 fee is because Amazon has no say, since it's a CC chargeback. And since you (the seller) can't/don't know anything about the CC company, you can't fight it yourself, so you have no choice but to pay Amazon, or walk away and do a refund.

Well Jeffman, I can't say much other than thanks again for that bulk ram deal, and I certainly won't be pulling this shit. I hope you get it worked out.

I feel Paypal is a lot worse.
If a CC is used, then a buyer first get a 45 days to open a Paypal dispute and it heavily favors the buyer.
If somehow the seller wins the PP dispute, the buyer can open a CC chargeback directly, which is even more biased, and these CC chargebacks usually have a much longer time limit up to 150 days depending on the CC company.

So basically a buyer gets 2 layers of "protection" for Paypal CC payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back